- Obituary: Lee Bennett Hopkins
., and Hopkins’s literary agent, offered this appreciation: “We are going to miss Lee terribly.
- Like Father, Like Son: Nelson DeMille and Son Team Up
Rucci had always been a DeMille fan, along with S&S publisher Jonathan Karp, and when they heard that Nelson was looking for a change, they mentioned to his agents that they were very interested.
- Kimberly King Parsons on the Most Difficult Story She Ever Wrote
I ended up signing with a terrific agent who helped me understand the shape of my collection.
- Thomas Taylor Dives into Seaside Intrigue in 'Malamander'
Agent Kirsty McLachlan at London-based DGA Ltd. brokered the book deal, as well as Sony Pictures’ recent acquisition of film rights to Malamander for what the publisher calls a “substantial preempt.”
- Rights Report: Week of August 5, 2019
Holly West at Feiwel and Friends has acquired world rights, in a three-book deal, to bestselling author Mo O'Hara's (l.) first graphic novel series, Agent Moose, illustrated by Jess Bradley.
- Book Deals: Week of August 5, 2019
The debut novel, explained McHugh’s agent, Laura Dail at the Laura Dail Literary Agency, is historical fiction and focuses on Vicky, the oldest daughter of Queen Victoria.
- Avid Reader Press Off to Quick Start
We plan to keep collaborating with authors, agents, booksellers, and the media.”
- Build a Career Path in Christian Publishing: Join PWedu’s Christian Publishing Summit
Hear from company leaders who are creating new narratives around book coverage and fostering diverse authors, subjects, and stories.Sessions include A Search for Meaning in which we will hear from a keynote speaker on the business behind big books; Grooming Christian Authors for Crossover Success; Lessons f
- Season of the Witch: Mind-Body-Spirit Books
“We become witches the moment we realize we are not at the mercy of the patriarchal world,” she writes, noting that “the moment you stop seeing yourself as a supplicant and start seeing yourself as a participant, a coconspirator, an agent, that shift marks the moment you become a witch
- A Day in the Life of Chris Ware's 'Rusty Brown'
Then I discovered that Chip Kidd is the in-house editor and Nicole Aragi is the agent, and... have I used the word trifecta before?
- Amid Allegations, Scholastic Shelves Tim Tingle Book
One of the booksellers, who has a permanently implanted device in her head, reported the incident to representatives from Scholastic as well as leadership in the American Booksellers Association.Tingle’s agent, Andrea Cascardi of the Transatlantic Agency, said the agency “takes all allegations of harassment
- Macmillan Announces Acquisition and Pub Date of Snowden Memoir
Macmillan announced that it will publish a memoir, Permanent Record, by former CIA agent and whistleblower Edward Snowden globally on September 17.Permanent Record will be published by Metropolitan Books, an imprint of Henry Holt, in the U.S.; by Pan Macmillan in the U.K.; and by
- Shambhala Names New Publisher
"Authors, agents, booksellers, librarians, and the media will quickly see her innovative and highly engaged approach,” he said.Shambhala Publications, which celebrates its 50th anniversary this year, is based in Boulder, Colo.
- Q & A with Children’s Book Agent Steven Malk
At what point did you decide to become a literary agent?
- The Most Anticipated Books of Fall 2019
.) - Abbott tells the wild true tale of Prohibition-era bootlegger George Remus and his shocking downfall at the hands of a federal agent who was having an affair with his wife.Country Music: An Illustrated History by Dayton Duncan and Ken Burns (Knopf, Sept.) - This volumin