- Spring 2019 Announcements: Religion & Spirituality
FBI agents Leah Riesel and Jon Colbert team up to track down a killer on the loose in Galveston, Tex., who iskilling law enforcement officials using injections of snake venom.Memories of Glass by Melanie Dobson (Sept. 3, $24.99, ISBN 978-1-4964-3418-0).
- Spring 2019 Flying Starts: Kate Allen
Some agents wanted an entirely different book and were hesitant to deal with the subject of grief.
- ALA Annual 2019 in Photos
Pan (Little, Brown, 2018) with her agent, Michael Bourret.Author Beth Ferry and the Fan Brothers, illustrators Eric (center) and Terry, hang out with their life-sized Scarecrow in the HarperCollins booth.Author Kao Kalia Yang (l.) and illustrator Seo Kim sign copies of their
- Spring 2019 Flying Starts: Gail Shepherd
Constantly butting heads with Lady, feisty Lyndie is torn between truth and loyalty.Shepherd worked on the novel for nearly eight years, during which time she also wrote five others, including a children’s science fiction book, which attracted her first agent, Kristin Miller Vincent at D4EO Literar
- Obituary: Literary Agent Irene Skolnick, Dies at 80
Literary agent Irene Skolnick died June 27, 2019 after a long illness.
- Book Deals: Week of July 1, 2019
The books are set in an alternate London, explained Pacat’s agent Tracey Adams at Adams Literary.
- Spring 2019 Flying Starts: Tina Athaide
The #OwnVoices conversation had yet to burst onto the publishing scene.The manuscript was rejected by 29 agents before Athaide sent the book to Aronson’s daughter, Rebecca, who was working with Katherine Tegen Books.
- Literary Organization Pairs Seasoned Editors with Diverse Writers
Johnson is currently querying agents, which she describes as "a long process."
- Fall 2019 Announcements: Art, Architecture & Photography
Fashion, the future, and bringing overdue credit to overlooked artists are big themes in the upcoming season.Top 10Avedon AdvertisingRichard Avedon et al.
- Fall 2019 Announcements: History
Crown, Oct. 8, $28, ISBN 978-0-451-49862-5Abbott tells the wild true tale of Prohibition-era bootlegger George Remus and his shocking downfall at the hands of a federal agent who was having an affair with his wife.Gods of the Upper Air: How a Circle of Renegade Anthropologists
- Fall 2019 Announcements: Mysteries & Thrillers
Minotaur, Aug. 6, $26.99, ISBN 978-1-250-29394-7A former FBI agent who lost a leg, an arm, and an eye in a shoot-out has a mathematical ability to read crime scenes.
- Fall 2019 Announcements: Romance & Erotica
Art imitates life: royal weddings and babies in England have sparked glitzy royal romances.
- Book Deals: Week of June 24, 2019
HCI began in the late 1970s as a publisher that targeted those working in the field of addiction recovery.Given the current opioid addiction crisis, Stout’s agent, Lane Heymont at the Tobias Literary Agency, said that this story is more urgent than ever.
- New Titles from Self-Publishers: June 2019
Booksellers, publishers, librarians, and agents are encouraged to look at the 94 self-published titles below.
- A Doctor Livingstone Novel, I Presume?
(at Janklow & Nesbit and WME), adding that when those agents left their agencies, Gappah said to Simonoff, “Why don’t you just be my agent?