- Apple Books Category Bestsellers, September 29, 2019
Lethal Agent (Unabridged) by Kyle Mills & Vince Flynn (Simon & Schuster Audio) 7.
- M Is for Missing Sue Grafton
It’s the only name of a book she let her editor, publisher, agent, and the media know ahead of time.
- New Titles from Self-Publishers: September 2019
Booksellers, publishers, librarians, and agents are encouraged to look at the 97 self-published titles below.
- Ask the Editor: Writing Believable Dialogue
—Susan S.Good dialogue is essential if you want to attract the attention of an agent or an editor, so it’s well worth putting in the time necessary to make yours great.
- ACFW 2019: Changing Market Creates New Publishing Opportunities
In its 18th year, the American Christian Fiction Writers conference attracted over 400 aspiring writers, authors, agents, and publishers to San Antonio, Tex. from Sept. 26-29.
- Book Deals: Week of September 30, 2019
The first book, The Nemesis Manifesto, launches a new series following U.S. intelligence agent Evan Ryder, who, the publisher said, “has survived unspeakable tragedy and dedicated her life to protecting her country.”
- At 'Captions' Hearing, Judge Hammers Audible’s Fair Use Argument
That's why you have all these publishers, authors, and the agents here together.
- Authors Guild, AAR File Brief Supporting Publishers in Audible ‘Captions’ Case
In a joint amicus brief this week, the Authors Guild and the Association of Authors' Representatives threw their support to a group of seven publishers seeking a preliminary injunction barring their works from inclusion in Audible’s Captions program.In the brief, the authors and agent groups accuse
- Moving On Up: 'The 57 Bus'
She took confidence in the fact that she already knew Slater and had a good relationship with Slater’s literary agent, Erin Murphy, and contacted Murphy to express her interest in pursuing a potential book.In a case of serendipity, Slater was already on board, so to speak.
- Jenn Baker, PW Superstar, on Diversity in Publishing
Who are the agents?
- A New Era Dawns at Canada's Dundurn
Many key staff had left, authors and agents were justifiably worried, and the staff members that remained had become demoralized in the months leading up to the sale.A lot of folks in and out of the company asked me what my plan was.
- Katrine Engberg Brings Danish Noir to Scout Press
Cantor also says that Engberg was wonderful to work with: “She’s lovely, warm, unpretentious, and was so responsive to editorial suggestions”.Engberg’s agent, Federico Ambrosini, inherited the author in 2016.
- Frankfurt Book Fair Gets Back to Business
“I know even five minutes can be important for the agents.
- Book Deals: Week of September 23, 2019
Brown, a correspondent for the Atlantic, is joining a group of scientists—their trip is slated for early 2020—who are, Brown’s agent, Stacia Decker at Dunow, Carlson & Lerner, said, “racing to complete a geophysical map of Antarctica—allowing us to predict when the continent’s glaciers will
- What American Agents Will Be Selling at the Fair
Aevitas Creative Management2030 AD: Thriving After the End of the World as We Know It by Mauro GuillenU.S. publisher: St.