- Bologna 2019: Licensing Highlights
Tuomas Sorjamaa, licensing and acquisitions manager at Ferly, a Finnish company that develops and represents IP for licensing and publishes books, licensed and otherwise, for which it offers global sub rights, spent most of his time in the agents center discussing publishing opportunities for Angry Bir
- Q & A with Lynn Curlee
The book was now un-agented—it wasn’t until late 2017 that I acquired my current agent, Rick Richter—but Yolanda was interested in seeing the second draft.
- Curbside Splendor Under Fire by Authors, Goes On Publishing Hiatus
That's why it’s so important to have an agent in this situation.”
- The Death of a President: PW Talks with Lawrence Goldstone
In this case, precautions were taken—well-wishers were forced into a single line, and Secret Service agents flanked McKinley.
- This Week's Bestsellers: April 8, 2019
For the 15th installment, The American Agent, which our starred review called “excellent,” Dobbs is working as a volunteer ambulance driver in 1940 London, aiding victims of the Blitz.
- Naples Named Publisher at Hachette Books
"Authors, literary agents, booksellers, librarians, and media will quickly sense the breadth and force of her publishing skills."
- How Writers Can Pay It Forward
When my agent, Stacy Testa, sold my latest novel, The Book Woman of Troublesome Creek, I knew I wanted to find a way to pay it forward.
- Bologna 2019: Photos from the Fair
Holiday House’s Neal Porter peruses his schedule at the Literary Agents Center.
- Scribd Starts Original Content Program
Bryant has consulted for Scribd before and is the former editor-in-chief and co-founder of Byliner.Scribd is reaching out to authors, agents and publishers looking for works that will make a good Originals piece.
- Apple Books Category Bestsellers, March 31, 2019
The American Agent by Jacqueline Winspear - 9780062436696 - (Harper) 9.
- Bologna 2019: New Ventures, Milestones, and Trends
Curtis Brown agent Ginger Clark was one of many who cited the presence of Netflix at this year’s fair.
- Meet the Publicist: Linda Duggins
Duggins added, “That’s when you have to enlist the team—the editor, marketing, the agent—to stay focused on the author and the book.”Recently, Duggins has been working on lifestyle books, among them cookbooks and diet books, which require different kinds of outreach than fiction or other types
- Life and Literary Lessons from Oz
I wrote up a proposal, found an agent, and then a publisher—so far, so good.
- Licensing Hotline: March 2019
Riding the Baby Shark Wave Last December, Scholastic published Baby Shark: Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo, a 24-page, 9x9 paperback based on the public-domain song that is the basis of the wildly popular YouTube video and earworm from Pinkfong.
- Co-piloting the Story: PW Talks with Jane Yolen and Heidi E.Y. Stemple
JY: After I wrote the first drafts, my agent and I liked the story enough to send it out to editors, but nobody bought it.