- Q & A with Marieke Nijkamp
I actually just had a conversation with my agent and editor earlier today about figuring out what the new normal will be like.
- Q & A with Daniel Pinkwater and Aaron Renier
My agent Steven Malk said, “I got asked if you’d like to do illustrate Vampires of Blinsh by Daniel Pinkwater,” and I was already a Pinkwater fan.
- Sourcebooks, Ebony Ink Deal for Adult Books
The series is written by actor, director, producer, and author Eriq La Salle, and follows two New York detectives and an FBI agent as they investigate slayings by a serial killer.
- Book Deals: Week of January 17, 2022
If We Break: A Memoir of Marriage, Addiction, and Healing was acquired by Libby Burton from Rob McQuilkin at Massie & McQuilkin Literary Agents.
- New and Forthcoming Titles: Women’s Empowerment and Girl-Power
An historical novel based on the true stories of an American socialite and a British secret agent whose stunning acts of courage collide in the darkest hours of WWII.
- Publishers Weekly Begins Yearlong Anniversary Celebration
Its varied products are targeted at publishers, booksellers, librarians, literary agents, authors, book lovers and the media.The magazine currently boasts 1.23 million social media followers; publishes 10 e-newsletters, BookLife (a website and monthly supplement), Publishers Weekly en Español
- Movie Alert: 'The Tiger Rising'
Giarratana had first started writing the screenplay 10 years ago, after coming across the book when his wife advised him to talk to their friend, literary agent, Jason Dravis.
- Inspired Publishing: Close-up on Christy Ottaviano Books
Editor Jessica Anderson feels Echo’s unique blend of autofiction and fantasy makes her exceptionally effective in engaging and inspiring teen readers and beyond.Augusta Savage: The Shape of a Sculptor’s Life by Marilyn Nelson, with an afterword by Tammi Lawson: I have admired Marilyn Nelson’s work since reading
- Writers to Watch Spring 2022
Published in Joyland, where he’s now an editor, it caught the attention of agent Danielle Bukowski at Sterling Lord Literistic, who now represents him.
- Book Deals: Week of January 10, 2022
The author did not use an agent in the deal.Mogollon Says ‘Oye’ to HogarthOye, Melissa Mogollon’s debut novel, was bought at auction by Hogarth’s Jillian Buckley.
- After a Good 2021, Pietsch Sees Some Lingering Issues
This story has been updated to include remarks Pietsch made to authors and agents.
- Janet Evanovich Is Makin’ Moves
The Recovery Agent was different: “I didn’t give a crap if anybody was going to like it!”
- Fall 2021 Flying Starts: Steven Salvatore
Salvatore finished the book around the same time they parted ways with their first agent in January 2019.
- PRH Fires Back at the DoJ's Effort to Stop Its S&S Purchase
In short, after the merger, authors will still have a vast array of buyers for their book proposals, particularly for books expected to be ‘top sellers.’ ”The reply further argues that the government discounts the fact that by it own arguments books written by top-selling authors are in high dem
- PW Notable: Tanya McKinnon
One of them was her agent, Tanya McKinnon, whom she hailed as “a warrior for Black words.”