- Adapting Kids' Books for Screens: A Global Kids Connect Session at New York Rights Fair 2018
For publishers, agents, rights professionals, and editors, the event offers a valuable chance to learn how Hollywood executives look at books, how characters are evaluated for their screen potential, how the entertainment industry is evolving, and how the publishing and Hollywood industries might work
- Obituary: Richard Peck
Peck to me,” said literary agent Nancy Gallt, who was one of Peck’s students at Hunter College High School.
- Licensing Expo 2018: Publishers Look to Product Extensions to Attract More Readers
MerryMakers, agent for Pete the Cat, Little Elliot, and Biscuit, is newly representing Drew Daywalt and Oliver Jeffers’ Crayons series, while The Buffalo Works introduced a licensing program for Fox Chapel’s new Bigfoot series by D.L.
- Book Deals: Week of May 21, 2018
., Canadian, and open market rights to the book from ICM agents Sloan Harris and Dan Kirschen.
- Global Kids Connect at New York Rights Fair 2018: Four Questions with Eddie Gamarra
What I tell authors, agents, editors, subsidiary rights professionals, literary agents, and all my publishing friends, is that the Hollywood way is all-inclusive.
- Tom Wolfe Dies at 87
He was 88.Wolfe, whose passing was confirmed to the New York Times by his literary agent, Lynn Nesbit, was known for being one of the leading voices of the "New Journalism" movement, which he, along with such fellow highly-stylized reporters as Hunter S.
- New York Rights Fair Announces Innovator Sessions
Krista Rafanello, senior marketing director of Publishers Weekly and show manager for the New York Rights Fair, added: “The New York Rights Fair is pleased to be the new leader in exploring and facilitating rights and licensing in the publishing industry for agents and rights professionals from around
- Want to Succeed at Self-Publishing? Begin Marketing Early: Tips from an Indie Author
Though she had offers from agents to shop The Renegade Queen to traditional publishing houses, Eva Flynn decided to self-publish her historical novel about women’s rights champion Victoria Woodhull.Her reason?
- Book Deals: Week of May 14, 2018
Additionally, Jill Marr is the agent who sold that book, not Sandra Dijkstra.
- Anne Leigh Parrish: The Redemption of the Road
"The journey is an agent of change.
- Castillo Comes to Writers House
Johanna Castillo is returning to her roots, leaving her editorial job for a post as a literary agent.
- Edmund White's Life, Observed
“My agent said, ‘TMI!
- May 2018 Audio Books: In the Studio
The story follows T’Challa, who is both king of Wakanda and the superhero known as the Black Panther, as he teams with his country’s special forces and a CIA agent to defend his kingdom.
- A Country Girl's Gritty Southern Debut Novel
Maren’s father often took her along on prison visits, she says, when she was “like four to eight years old.”The manuscript for Sugar Run came to Kathy Pories, executive editor at Algonquin Books, from agent Bill Clegg, with an endorsement from Lauren Groff.
- Teen Thrillers on the Rise
Agent Rosemary Stimola, who represents McManus and has sold One of Us Is Lying into 38 countries, says that the book “immediately caught my eye given its social relevance.