- International Hot Book Properties, Week of July 23, 2018
Agent Vicki Satlow controls all rights.
- Moving On Up: 'Be Prepared'
Literary agent Judy Hansen, who represented Flight, had agreed to represent Brosgol for her full-length graphic novel idea (Anya’s Ghost), and sold it to Mark Siegel, editorial director at First Second.
- What It's Like To Be an Indie Bookseller Who Just Published Her Debut Novel
Soon, not only could I not believe that people had taken an hour out of their lives to hear me read (even close friends; even my agent), but I also began to wonder why the bookstores where I was reading were giving me the time of day to begin with.After Literati, I r
- Little Simon Says 'All You Need Is Love'
The licensing agreement is with Sony/ATV Music Publishing via its global licensing agent, Epic Rights.
- Tor Scales Back Library E-Book Lending as Part of Test
But the statement goes on to say that the publisher's “current analysis on eLending indicates that it is having a direct and adverse impact on retail eBook sales," and that Tor will work with library vendors to “develop ongoing terms that will best support Tor’s authors, their agents, and
- Rights Report: Week of July 16, 2018
Martha Mihalick at Greenwillow has acquired, in an exclusive submission, Last Things, a YA thriller by Jacqueline West (The Books of Elsewhere).
- Obituary: Patricia Hermes
“Spending time at class, as well as meeting with publishers and agents, kept Pat’s love affair with the city strong—she never stopped identifying herself as a New Yorker,” Nastu said.
- Collateral Damage In Stephen Markley's Debut
I had already published a book and thought I was there to network and meet people and get a better agent.”Instead, Markley was “gobsmacked” by how smart and interesting his peers and the faculty were.
- Allied Forces: War & Military Books 2018
Craig, who previously worked as the editorial director of the history and reference division at Skyhorse, says the book program currently has a hand in about 10 titles per year.In addition to acting “like an agent or licenser,” Craig says, the book program also plays a role in the home
- 'Stellaluna' Celebrates 25 Years of Flight
Since the prospect of working with an agent in person appealed to her, Cannon sent a query and then a mock-up to San Diego-area agent Sandra Dijkstra, who signed up Cannon and placed Stellaluna with Karen Weller Watson at HBJ, which at the time, said Cannon, “had not yet
- Book Deals: Week of July 9, 2018
Naggar Agency sold, is about, the agent said, “the risk of substance abuse and what it means to take control of your life and your future when it seems like the only path forward is the one that will take all of your courage.”
- Rights Report: Week of July 2, 2018
Publication is set for spring 2020; Emily Talbot at United Agents represented the author, and Claire Easton represented the illustrator.
- Spring 2018 Flying Starts: Elizabeth Lilly
Lilly says the agent told her it was the “best revision she’d ever seen.”Multiple publishers made offers.
- Writers to Watch Fall 2018: Anticipated Debuts
“One agent interested in the book wanted me to rewrite it to be about Dennis.
- Spring 2018 Flying Starts: Joy McCullough
She wrote five novels before landing her first agent, despite querying each one.