- AlAmmar's 'Pact' to Borough Press Following Open Call for Muslim Authors
This month, a writer who secured an agent through that call has now signed a book deal.The U.K.'
- Religion Book Deals: Nov. 8, 2017
FaithWords’ Keren Baltzer bought world rights to the book from the author’s agent Mike Salisbury of Yates & Yates.Levi Lusko Re-ups with W PublishingThe W Publishing Group, an imprint of Thomas Nelson, acquired world rights to a third book with Levi Lusko (Swipe Right, Through the Eyes
- Obituary: Roslyn Targ, Longtime Agent, Dies at 92
Roslyn Targ, a longtime Manhattan literary agent who worked with some of the biggest writers of her day and brought translated American works to Europe, died in her Greenwich Village apartment on October 29.
- Book Deals: Week of October 30, 2017
Christie, an award-winning illustrator, did not use an agent.
- Australia: The Big Not-So-New Thing
“All editors and agents want is a damn good book.
- Behar Named Publisher, E-i-C of New Little, Brown Imprint
“It would be impossible to find an editor more highly regarded by her authors, their agents, and her colleagues than Tracy.”
- NaNoWriMo Is Big for Writers—and It Helps Publishers, Too
This is a kick in the pants.”One agent saw her established authors making use of NaNoWriMo’s adrenaline-inducing effects.
- Michael Murphy Dies at 63
Michael Murphy, a former publishing executive and literary agent, died on October 19 after a short illness.
- Religion Book Deals: October 2017
Going on sale in spring 2019, the book explores unrealistic concepts about love and provides a guide to fostering Christ-centered relationships.Literary Agent, Editor Team Up In a world rights deal, IVP editor Al Hsu bought Enduring: Sweat, Grace and a Life Well-Lived by managing editor of
- Book Deals: Week of October 23, 2017
Agent Eric Smith at P.S.
- Editors, Agents, and Authors Take the Pulse of Today’s YA
That evening I heard from agents who were beating themselves up for having missed out on it.
- New Titles from Self-Publishers: October 2017
Booksellers, publishers, librarians, and agents are encouraged to look at the 130 self-published titles below.
- Dara Horn's Deathly Dilemma
(The project fell through but connected her with Gary Morris, who is still her agent today.)
- Open Book: In This Debut Novel, 'Tangerine' is No Fruit
“After those 10 pages, I wanted more, and asked for the whole manuscript, which I devoured.”Weed gave the manuscript to Dana Murphy, her former assistant and now an agent, as a second reader.
- PW Picks: Books of the Week, October 23, 2017
This week: Oliver Sacks's new book, plus a look inside the world of an undercover Muslim FBI agent.