- 10 Rules for Book Editors
An agent once sent me a proposal for a book on procrastination.
- Licensing Hotline: October 2017
Out of the Blue Enterprises serves as Fred Rogers’ licensing agent.
- Self-Published Author Lands Deal with HarperTeen
Literary agent Emmanuelle Morgen at Stonesong recently negotiated the deal for North American rights with HarperTeen senior editor Emilia Rhodes.
- Q & A with Emily Winfield Martin
My agent, Brenda Bowen, also sort of plucked me out of the ether and said I should be making children’s books.
- PubforPR Auction Exceeds Fundraising Goal for Hurricane Relief
In all, 65 agents, 53 editors, 180 authors and illustrators, and other members of the publishing industry lent their support.
- Meet the Editor: Rebecca Saletan
Border Patrol agent Francisco Cantú’s The Line Becomes a River: Dispatches from the Border (Feb. 2018).
- At Frankfurt, A Sense of Stability in an Unstable World
“But e-books are, and always have been, just a format.”As for the rights trade, Frankfurt officials said this year’s fair set another record, with more than 500 tables booked in the LitAg and some 700 agents on hand.Among the big deals that dropped at this year’s fair were two c
- With a Sprinkle of Pixar Dust, Debut Trilogy Takes Flight
The original manuscript, with sample art, came to Seth Fishman at the Gernert Company via Baltazar’s agent at CAA.
- Frankfurt 2017: Catalonia Independence Vote Rattles Publishing
One vocal advocate for Catalan independence has been literary agent Anna Soler-Pont, who employs half dozen agents at the Pontas Agency in Barcelona.
- Frankfurt Book Fair 2017: With No Single Big Book, Multiple Memoirs Steal the Show
(Agent Jonny Geller at Curtis Brown handled the nine-way auction and rights in the U.S. wound up with Steve Rubin, at Henry Holt.)
- Frankfurt Book Fair 2017: The Nonfiction Novel Knopf Bought in a Prison
It's the title one scout called the "secret book of Frankfurt" and its pedigree—acquired un-agented by an editor at Knopf from the author, who was writing it in prison—is among the things that have piqued the interest of festival-goers in Germany.Cherry, by Nicholas Walker, is a
- Frankfurt Book Fair 2017: Iowa MFA Grad Lands Six Figures for Debut Novel-in-Stories
., is now racking up foreign sales, with six-figure deals having just closed in the U.K. and Germany.Ellen Levine at Trident Media Group, who represents Porter (along with her co-agent Alexa Stark), sold North American rights to the book to Alexis Washam at Hogarth.
- Frankfurt 2017: CEOs Share Views on Internationalization, Digital, and More
“Most agents want to work with the most passionate publisher they can find,” Reidy noted.The questions then shifted to the digital world.
- Frankfurt Book Fair 2017: Park Row Nabs Buzzed-About Thriller
-based agent Madeleine Milburn sold, is being billed by Park Row as one that "transcends" its genre.
- International Hot Book Properties, Week of October 9, 2017
Agent Chris Wellbelove is representing the book, and deals have also been made with Hoffmann und Campe (Germany) and Seix Barral (Spain).