- Behar Named Publisher, E-i-C of New Little, Brown Imprint
“It would be impossible to find an editor more highly regarded by her authors, their agents, and her colleagues than Tracy.”
- NaNoWriMo Is Big for Writers—and It Helps Publishers, Too
This is a kick in the pants.”One agent saw her established authors making use of NaNoWriMo’s adrenaline-inducing effects.
- Michael Murphy Dies at 63
Michael Murphy, a former publishing executive and literary agent, died on October 19 after a short illness.
- Religion Book Deals: October 2017
Going on sale in spring 2019, the book explores unrealistic concepts about love and provides a guide to fostering Christ-centered relationships.Literary Agent, Editor Team Up In a world rights deal, IVP editor Al Hsu bought Enduring: Sweat, Grace and a Life Well-Lived by managing editor of
- Book Deals: Week of October 23, 2017
Agent Eric Smith at P.S.
- Editors, Agents, and Authors Take the Pulse of Today’s YA
That evening I heard from agents who were beating themselves up for having missed out on it.
- New Titles from Self-Publishers: October 2017
Booksellers, publishers, librarians, and agents are encouraged to look at the 130 self-published titles below.
- Dara Horn's Deathly Dilemma
(The project fell through but connected her with Gary Morris, who is still her agent today.)
- Open Book: In This Debut Novel, 'Tangerine' is No Fruit
“After those 10 pages, I wanted more, and asked for the whole manuscript, which I devoured.”Weed gave the manuscript to Dana Murphy, her former assistant and now an agent, as a second reader.
- PW Picks: Books of the Week, October 23, 2017
This week: Oliver Sacks's new book, plus a look inside the world of an undercover Muslim FBI agent.
- 10 Rules for Book Editors
An agent once sent me a proposal for a book on procrastination.
- Licensing Hotline: October 2017
Out of the Blue Enterprises serves as Fred Rogers’ licensing agent.
- Self-Published Author Lands Deal with HarperTeen
Literary agent Emmanuelle Morgen at Stonesong recently negotiated the deal for North American rights with HarperTeen senior editor Emilia Rhodes.
- Q & A with Emily Winfield Martin
My agent, Brenda Bowen, also sort of plucked me out of the ether and said I should be making children’s books.
- PubforPR Auction Exceeds Fundraising Goal for Hurricane Relief
In all, 65 agents, 53 editors, 180 authors and illustrators, and other members of the publishing industry lent their support.