- New Titles from Self-Publishers: September 2017
Booksellers, publishers, librarians, and agents are encouraged to look at the 119 self-published titles below.
- The Big Titles U.S. Agencies Will be Selling at the 2017 Frankfurt Book Fair
Among the big titles the American agents will be talking up in the rights center are the debut novel from Michael Imperioli, a memoir by David Lynch, an update on Cinderella, and a short story collection from Lionel Shriver.Aevitas Creative ManagementThe biggest name on Aevitas’s slate is actor
- Book Deals: Week of September 25, 2017
Agent Sells Debut to Hachette In a two-book deal at auction, literary agent Rena Rossner sold world English rights to her debut novel, The Sisters of the Winter Wood, to Lindsey Hall at the Hachette imprint Redhook.
- Frankfurt Book Fair 2017 Preview
The improved Literary Agents and Scouts Center (LitAg) has again set a new attendance record, with about 500 tables sold.
- On Second Novels, the Unloved Sibling of the Buzzy Debut
The day Daddy’s came out I got emails from big houses and prospective agents.
- Rights Report: Week of September 18, 2017
Greenburger represented the author, and the illustrators are represented by various agents.
- Lantana Publishing Breaks into U.S. Market
“We have an open call of submissions on our website, which encourages authors and illustrators to submit their work, whether or not they are represented by agents,” she said.
- Q & A with Kristin Cashore
But my agent, Faye Bender, told me she thought it was very much a book by me, and I agree with that.
- Dan Santat and Connie Hsu in Conversation
Hsu: Dan’s agent Jodi told me before we worked on The Adventures of Beekle, “Don’t be afraid to push him.”
- Open Book: Under the Sicilian Sun
All anyone wants—author, agent, editor, and rights seller—is to find the right publishing house to make your book crack through the noise and sell.
- Spotlight on Larry Correia
Jonathan Maberry wrote about Agent Franks fighting the Nazis in WWII, John C.
- Q & A with Tracey Baptiste
I got my first agent on a picture book, which we weren’t able to sell.
- Phil Bildner Launches the Author Village Booking Agency
Bildner said that he was prompted to launch the Author Village “the first Friday” of this past summer, after his longtime booking agent, Jean Dayton of Dayton Bookings, retired.
- Q & A with Daniel José Older
Shadowshaper was the first book I wrote, but it was before I had an agent.
- Comedy Writer Chris Harris Plays with Nonsense Verse
The dedication involves dialogue between the author and the illustrator, Smith, who was at lunch with his wife, book designer Molly Leach, and her mother, when his agent e-mailed him the manuscript for consideration.