- New Titles from Self-Publishers, March 2017
Booksellers, publishers, librarians, and agents are encouraged to look at the 115 self-published titles below, with descriptions provided by their authors.
- Every Writer Needs an Editor, Especially if that Writer is Also an Editor
It’s perhaps best, however, if this particular moment does not arrive for you while you are also the editor at the helm of a leading international publication for writers.Imposter syndrome, in the omniscient words of Wikipedia, is “a concept describing high-achieving individuals who are marked by an
- From Russia with Love?: Mysteries & Thrillers 2017
Former CIA agent Frank Weeks, who defected to the U.S.S.R. in 1949, invites his younger brother, Simon, to Moscow 12 years later to help edit his memoir.
- Indie Zombies Conquer the Streets of London and the Bestseller List
His stunt did get some media coverage, however, which ultimately led to three agents getting in touch with offers to represent him.
- 5 Tips For Marketing Your Self-Published E-Book to Libraries
Self-published books typically haven’t survived the agent/publisher gauntlet of traditional gatekeeping—a form of vetting that librarians appreciate—and they typically don’t come with the same number of reviews.
- Lit Agents Join Forces In Agents Round Table
In response to a changing marketplace, 10 women literary agents have launched the Agents Round Table (ART), a consortium of independent agents who have pledged to share knowledge, resources, and contacts.The goal of ART, according to Regina Ryan who has an eponymous shingle, i
- Pinkalicious’s Brother Lands Leading Role in 'Peterrific'
So she wrote (with her sister, Elizabeth Kann—also a doctor, but one “with a very good sense of humor”) and illustrated Pinkalicious, and peddled the project on her own when no agent would take her on as an unpublished author.
- Charlesbridge Launches Teen Imprint
I speak to agents about it .”
- No, I Can't Drive You to the Airport: A Freelancer's Life
Also consider related tasks: maybe part of your day includes researching ancient Egypt or searching for a literary agent.3.
- Bologna Children's Book Fair Preview, 2017
As usual, the fair will offer world-class networking for publishers, literary agents, illustrators, and licensing executives.
- Bologna 2017: Agents Talk Children's and YA Trends
We asked a number of agents and scouts attending this year’s Bologna book fair to talk about the trends they’ve been noticing: in themes, in genres, and in international demand.
- London Book Fair 2017: Publishers Keep Calm and Carry On
Nonetheless, international publishers and agents reported brisk business.
- The On-Sale Calendar: August 2017 Children's Books
Larson (Putnam, $16.99; ISBN 978-0-399-54571-9). 50,000 copies.The Bolshoi Saga: Orphan, Agent, Prima, Pawn by Elizabeth Kiem (Soho Teen, $18.99; ISBN 978-1-61695-655-4). 30,000 copies.
- The On-Sale Calendar: June 2017 Children's Books
Geiger (Disney-Hyperion, $17.99; ISBN 978-1-4847-4957-9). 50,000 copies.Words in Deep Blue by Cath Crowley (Knopf, $17.99; ISBN 978-1-101-93764-8). 50,000 copies.I Am a Secret Service Agent: My Life Spent Protecting the President by Dan Emmett (St.
- In Brief: March 16, 2017
In addition to staff members, in attendance were editors, librarians, and Javaka’s agent, Edward Necarsulmer IV.Good Day, David Baldacci While on tour for The Width of the World, the latest book in his Vega Jane series.