- Global Kids Connect: A Further Look at Issues and Trends for Children’s Publishers
Once the publisher and rights department are fully behind a book, Clarke said, the push to rope in foreign agents can begin in earnest, adding that it’s important to continue to nurture a book once it proves a success.
- Want to Succeed at Self-Publishing? Write in Your Own Voice: Tips from an Indie Author
After finishing Marked for Death, Stoen found a literary agent who tried to sell the book, but many of the younger people Stoen encountered in the publishing industry told him they had never heard of Jonestown.
- China, Brexit Big Topics at Global Kids Connect Conference
Children’s books, Huang said, represent about 44% of revenue generated by Chinese physical bookstores and about 32% of book sales at online booksellers.Literary agent Ginger Clark led a lively discussion on “Sales and Acquisitions in an Unpredictable Marketplace” with a panel of scouts and rights direc
- Spring 2017 Announcements: Comics & Graphic Novels
Bond is trapped in Los Angeles with an MI6 agent under fire and a foreign intelligence service trying to put them both in bags.
- Spring 2017 Announcements: Memoirs & Biographies
Special Agent recalls his often dangerous exploits as a law enforcement agent over more than 30 years, offering an eye-opening look at smugglers and other criminals involved in the sale of counterfeit documents, narcotics, and weapons.AtriaPoetry Will Save Your Life by Jill Bialosky (June 13
- Spring 2017 Announcements: Mysteries & Thrillers
In 1949, CIA agent Frank Weeks was exposed as a Communist spy and fled the U.S.
- Spring 2017 Announcements: Science
Ingraham accessibly relates this story of discovery and how we may soon know how life began over 3.5 billion years ago.Viruses: Agents of Evolutionary Invention by Michael G.
- Spring 2017 Announcements: Business & Economics
New ideas for closing the income gap between America’s überwealthy and the rest of society are presented in several of the spring’s most important business books.Top 10The Airbnb Story: How Three Ordinary Guys Disrupted an Industry, Made Billions... and Created Plenty of ControversyLeigh Gallagher.
- Global Kids Connect Surveys China, Latin America and Brexit
Literary agent Ginger Clark led a lively discussion on “Sales and Acquisitions in an Unpredictable Marketplace,” with a panel of scouts and rights directors that included Kelly Farber, Rachel Hecht and Allison Hellegers.
- Spotlight on Nancy Rose’s Secretive Squirrels
Her work caught the eye of agent Jackie Kaiser of Westwood Creative Artists in Toronto.
- An Immigrant Story: Shanthi Sekaran
But the agent very quickly brought Sekaran down to earth, she says.
- Book Deals: Week of December 5, 2016
According to agent E.J.
- A Publisher Specializing in Translations Grows in Oakland
“We’re a pretty old-school publisher at heart—we really value our relationships with translators and agents and foreign houses,” Adam said.
- Andrew Wylie Makes First Apperance at Guadalajara
Wylie spoke about the role literary agents play today, especially as regards international markets.
- Kuhn Project, ZSH Merge to Create Aevitas
Two boutique literary agencies are merging to create a new firm that will have over 20 agents and offices in three cities.