- As Political Divide Widens, Will Big Houses Rethink Conservative Publishing?
If anything, editors and agents in the conservative publishing space may simply be facing an issue of timing.As one agent who sells books by conservative and liberal authors stressed, now might not be the right moment to shop books by certain conservatives at the big houses.
- Clint Smith's Nonfiction Debut Reckons with History
she tells me.But then, in 2018, Smith’s agent left the business, and as he began searching for another, he got in touch with Habib.
- Closeup on: Angeline Boulley's Firekeeper's Daughter
At that point, I began to query agents because I couldn’t think of anything else to revise.
- Obituary: Kathleen Krull
Susan Cohen, senior literary agent at Writers House, represented Krull for more than 30 years.
- McGuigan Files Suit Against Former Foundry Partner, Gendell
He said he filed the suit, "because I thought it was in the best interest of Foundry, it’s agents and our clients."
- Industry Members Unite to Block Trump Administration Book Deals
Author Barry Lyga has posted an open letter signed by more than 250 authors, agents, booksellers, and publishers supporting their opposition to any publisher signing up President Donald Trump or members of his administration for any further book deals.
- Cover Reveal: 'Pax, Journey Home'
After her agent, Steven Malk, informed her that he too was receiving letters from readers wanting to know what happens next to Peter and Pax, Pennypacker recalled that, “for some reason” she responded, “Of course I know what happens.”
- Virtual Conference for Diverse Writers, Illustrators Launches
Elle and agent Samantha Fabien randomly reached out to me at the end of 2019, saying they were planning a con with a similar mission.
- Religion & Spirituality Book Deals: January 13, 2021
No agent was involved in the sale.
- Christian Literary Agents Eye Diversity, Expansion
“There is a place for agents who bring books that really grapple with faith and culture.”
- Keith Ridgway's Tales of the City
I couldn’t get engaged in anything to write.”And after Ridgway’s agent at RCW, David Miller, died unexpectedly, Ridgway says he “kind of retired,” adding, “People raised eyebrows.”
- Book Deals: Week of January 11, 2021
Rob McQuilkin at Massie & McQuilkin Literary Agents represented the author.Philomel Buys Prabhu’s Internet Guide for Young ReadersJill Santopolo at Philomel bought Rethink the Internet by Trisha Prabhu, in a North American rights agreement brokered by Kristin van Ogtrop at InkWell Management.
- Writers to Watch Spring 2021
She asked her husband, novelist and Harper’s editor Christopher Beha, for advice on agents and sent the book to Jennifer Joel.
- S&S Acquires New and Classic Works from Anita Lobel
He said he had a new agent, Doug Whiteman, and suggested I contact him about perhaps bringing back some of my books.
- Paraclete Announces New Fiction Imprint
It will accept agented and unagented proposals.