- Fear Agent: Whiskey & Space Cowboys
Although rumors of a Fear Agent movie abound, Remender said he can offer no further details "without being murdered by a dozen different people."
- Villard Editor Bites Apple's Agent
\t\t"Half of my list of projects I was pursuing didn't have agents attached," former Villard division v-p and executive editor Craig Nelson told PW.
- Editor Finds Agent, Buys Book
In an unusual twist, HarperCollins executive editor Dan Conaway found an agent for a Canadian author living in New York (whose book has just become a Canadian bestseller), then bought her book from the agent.
- #DVPit Connects Agents and Diverse Authors
WNDB has had, agents say, an extraordinary impact upon the steady growth in the number of diverse books being published.
- Xlibris Backtracks on Agent Referral Plan
The agents in turn would have received a percentage of the fee paid to Xlibris for its services.
- U.K. Agent Rosemary Canter Dies
Rosemary Canter, children’s book agent and co-founder of United Agents, died on March 11.
- Remembering Literary Agent Deborah Rogers
She was funny, clever and an inspirational agent and we will all miss her terribly."
- PW Select: Agenting Gets Untraditional
At a panel at Digital Book World in January called "New Models for Agents," Jim Levine of the Levine Greenberg Agency, said he and his colleagues now consider themselves "multimedia producers" more than agents.
- Online Agent Courts Authors, Editors
“The Authors Guild discourages authors from paying agents an upfront fee for representation, and we would certainly discourage writers from paying e-Literary Agent their upfront fee,” said Paul Aiken, executive director of the Authors Guild.
- Publishers, Agents Scramble to Reschedule Bologna
“If we have to cancel, we can make up the business through our sub-rights agents.
- New Trends in YA: The Agents’ Perspective
\tOther agents are more enthusiastic.
- Literary Agent Fred Hill Dies
West Coast literary agent Frederick “Fred” Hill of the Hill Nadell Literary Agency died Wednesday, February 9, after a brief illness.
- Greek Publishing Spotlight: An Agent's Perspective
She represents Greek and international authors, and also works as a sub-agent for foreign publishers and agencies, looking to place their titles with the best local publisher.
- Film, Book Deal for Movie Agent
Curtis Brown's Ed Wintle is an experienced movie agent, so it's only natural that when he wrote his own book, Breakfast with Tiffany, he should make a movie deal for it even before it had found a publisher, selling an option to produce
- The Agent: PW Talks with Sterling Lord
He needs an agent.”