- Virtual Exhibitors, Agents at Frankfurt to Have Multiple Platforms
Many publishers, agents and rights holders are well into the process of setting up their own meetings independent of the fair and its various platforms.
- A Place at the Table: Cookbooks for Fall 2020
Though her agent raised an eyebrow at the concept, she says, her editor and publisher embraced it.Mely Martínez, author of The Mexican Home Kitchen (Rock Point, Sept.), avoids the word authentic both on her blog, Mexico in My Kitchen, and in her book, a compilation of
- Doctor Woman Sister Rebel
She handed in the first draft to Rob McQuilkin, her agent at the literary agency Massie & McQuilkin, in the fall of 2016.
- Meet the Agent: Regina Brooks
She founded Serendipity in 2000 as its only agent, building her agency, as she explained, “one author, one book at a time.
- LeUyen Pham Celebrates Kindness in Covid-19 Picture Book
” She told her agent that she thought the idea could become a book, but that it would only succeed if she could work with Hsu.
- An Industry Disrupter: Spotlight on the Collective Book Studio
Projects that come to the Collective are rarely agented—though Engel says she’d welcome that—and the Collective doesn’t pay advances.
- Diversity in Publishing in the Age of Black Lives Matter
Literary agent Patrice Caldwell, founder of People of Color in Publishing, said, “We’re consolidating our programs to make sure we’re not reinventing the wheel.”
- Indie Success: Touching the Depths
He had an agent who pitched it to a number of different publishers.
- The On-Sale Calendar: December 2020 Children's Books
(Scholastic, $9.99; ISBN 978-1-338-65471-4). 50,000 copies.Survival in the Wilderness (Great Escapes #4) by Steven Otfinoski, illus. by James Bernardin (HarperCollins, $4.99 paper; ISBN 978-0-06-286044-6). 50,000 copies.Welcome, Baby: Love You, Mama by
- The Book of V.E. Schwab's Heart
It’s so important to find relationships—with an agent, an editor, a team—that make you feel like you’re on equal footing.
- Book Deals: Week of August 10, 2020
The agent elaborated that the book “will bring readers to the front lines of the battle for equal rights in our country’s athletic institutions and prove once and for all that sex exists on a spectrum.”Nagorski Gets Freudian at S&SHitlerland author and former Newsweek journalist Andrew Nagorski sold To
- So Much More Than Ghostwriting: Spotlight on Kevin Anderson & Associates
“Whenever agents, agencies, publishers, and so on first learn about our firm and our services and processes, they often ask us, ‘Where have you been my whole life?’”
- Write It Like Disaster: PW Talks with Elisa Gabbert
So certain things that I had thought of as not really for me, as a writer—things like having an agent, writing a book proposal—suddenly seemed like maybe they could be for me.
- Shared Work of Resistance: PW Talks with Willie James Jennings
The goal is to weave together a wide group of people to all be talking deeply, together, about an ecology that is academic ecology embedded in a wider, damaged ecology.You write about how easily white people become agents of white supremacy even when trying to be anti-racist.One of the
- James Oseland Takes You Down Mexico Way for a Nosh
There’s a startling connection in cooking techniques across all cuisines.”Oseland took his idea for World Food to agent Doe Coover, founder and owner of the Doe Coover Agency in Massachusetts.