- Sophie Hicks Forms Agency
Well-known U.K. agent Sophie Hicks has hung up her own shingle.
- Continuity for Sedaris, Meltzer
Pietsch bought North American, book club, audio and electronic rights from agent Don Congdon.
- Count Cagliostro Rides Again
The Seven Ordeals of Count Cagliostro was coagented with Mary Cunnane, a former Norton editor now agenting in Australia, and McGuigan reports further such deals in the pipeline.
- HarperCollins Acquires New Amy Tan Novel
In the U.S. the deal was negotiated by Daniel Halpern, president and publisher of Ecco, and by Tan's agent, Sandra Dijkstra of the Sandra Dijkstra Literary Agency.
- Hot New Writer Takes Less
Halpern, who found it encouraging that author and agent would take less for what they saw as the right imprint, hopes to publish in spring 2003—by which time there'll have been another fiction issue of the magazine, and probably more fireworks.
- Tom Paine Revisited
It was a six-figure deal signed with agent Stuart Krichevsky, with U.K. rights being handled by A.P.
- Job Moves: February 22, 2013
\tAmy Tannenbaum has joined the Jane Rotrosen Agency as a literary agent.
- PW Picks: Books of the Week, October 23, 2017
This week: Oliver Sacks's new book, plus a look inside the world of an undercover Muslim FBI agent.
- For Major Pubs, Will Print No Longer Be the Norm?
\tMany of the agents PW spoke to are being cynical.
- Born of Friendship, the Book Group Is Making Its Mark as an Agency
The eight women who work at Book Group (four principals, one senior agent, one agent, and two assistants) seem different.
- Crossing Borders: PW Talks with Sebastian Rotella
How closely do Border Patrol agent Valentine Pescatore’s experiences resemble that of an actual border agent?
- More Programs, More Attendees Mark 23rd Fair
Forty-nine editorial and agent fellows, including 18 from the U.S., will be at the fair.
- Virtual Conference for Diverse Writers, Illustrators Launches
Elle and agent Samantha Fabien randomly reached out to me at the end of 2019, saying they were planning a con with a similar mission.
- On Fathers and Daughters: PW Talks with Erin Hosier
Literary agent Hosier discusses how writing her memoir, Don’t Let Me Down (Atria, Feb. 2019), helped her work through a stormy relationship with her father.Was it tough to change hats from agent to writer?
- London Book Fair 2013: New Agency, Resolution, Makes Appearance
The overall company, which Green said is less than “40 work days” old, has roughly 20 to 25 agents on board.