- Fall 2011 Flying Starts: Marie Lu
A firm advocate of value added by agents and editors, Lu advises all aspiring writers to find representation first.
- Deals: Week of 5/3/2010
Agent William Clark, of William Clark Associates, brokered the deal.
- Book Deals: Week of September 1, 2014
Agent Emily S.
- Children's Job Moves: June 2016
She was previously an agent at Sterling Lord Literistic.
- Debate Swirls Around Reversion Rights
“All agents will think long and hard about selling on the same terms to Simon & Schuster, since they are asking for something no one else has,” DeFiore said.
- Cross-Platform Consulting
"Jane said I wasn't really a manager and I wasn't really an agent.
- ALA 2014: Librarian by Day, Novelist by Night
Thomas suggested getting a hold of the book that contains a list of all literary agents, which will tell you what each agents wants in terms of genre and how they want it—whether it’s one chapter, the whole manuscript, or a purposal.
- Book Deals: Week of October 21, 2013
Agent Emily van Beek at Folio Literary Management represented Stead, and Brenda Bowen at Sanford J.
- Deals: Week of May 21, 2012
Agent Jason Allen Ashlock at Movable Type represented Rayman.
- Some Big Deals Pre-BEA
Vollmann, and Eggers bought U.S. hardcover rights only from agent Susan Golomb.
- Barbarians at the Gate?
Publishers and agents are good at math.
- Children's Job Moves: August 2016
And Renee Nyen has been promoted to literary agent; she was formerly associate agent.
- Mystery Notes
Agent, Gail Hochman.
- Roundtable Launches the Read Japan Project
In reality, there is no ‘literary agents’ in the Japanese publishing world.
- Penguin Authors Weighing Options
If that changes, agent Amy Berkower said, "We'll have to reevaluate."