- In Her Goodbye to Daevebad, S.A. Chakraborty Goes Gold
“He is a huge sci-fi fantasy buff, he’s my beta, and he edits all my medical scenes,” she says.Chakraborty’s husband pushed her to find a writers group, and then an agent.
- Why Two Agents Argue Books Aren't Essential
This comes with acknowledging a certain amount of privilege—as agents, we might not fully feel the squeeze of a precarious industry for a few months, and perhaps not anywhere to the level our bookseller and in-house colleagues will experience it.
- Rights Report: Week of April 27, 2020
Publication is slated for fall 2021; Erin Murphy at Erin Murphy Literary Agency represented the author, and Jodie Hodges at United Agents UK represented the illustrator.
- Meet the Finalists of the 2019 BookLife Prize Nonfiction Contest
The first annual BookLife Prize Nonfiction Contest welcomed hundreds of submissions in the categories of Memoir/Autobiography, Self-Help/Relationships, Business/Personal Finance, and Inspirational/Spiritual.
- Obituary: Robert Kimmel Smith
He has credited his wife Claire, who became a literary agent at Harold OberAssociates, with being his best editor and great supporter.
- New Titles from Self-Publishers: End of April 2020
Booksellers, publishers, librarians, and agents are encouraged to look at the 47 self-published titles below.
- Series Are the Alpha at Wolfpack Publishing
“When we are approached by any author or agent, the first thing we’re looking at is how many titles the author is bringing to the table.
- CCNY’s Publishing Certificate Program Faces the Pandemic
In addition, Unger said, the program receives funding for the Bernard Mazel Opportunity Scholarships it awards to students in financial need.PCP’s faculty, Powers said, includes former PRH editor Carol Taylor, literary agent and editor Tanya McKinnon, and former One World senior editor Melody Guy,
- Kensington to Introduce Larger Mass Market Format
“The agents, authors, and large retailers that we’ve spoken to are very excited about the new format,” he said.
- Bologna Virtual Fair Releases Schedule, Opens Registrations
Bologna time will see the kick off the 24-hour Worldwide Illustrators Survival Portfolio Review, with 24 different illustrators, art directors, and agents taking turns, one each hour, to each review 10 illustration portfolios.
- Kerlan Collection Hosts #OperationReadAloud
Not long afterwards, Rosemary Wells coincidentally made the same suggestion to her contacts; the two connected, and an ad hoc group was formed that included agents children’s illustrators, librarians, indie booksellers, as well as publishing professionals from all the major houses and several indie pre
- Working from Home
Recently, author and agent Miranda Paul offered to tell my six-year-old son jokes on FaceTime so that I could get some work done.
- Vigliano Reacquires His Agency
Vigliano said he was "grateful for all I have learned from AGI’s constellation of superstar agents."
- The Votes Are In: 'Dork Diaries' Fans Select New Book's Cover
She and her daughter, Nikki Russell, illustrator of the series, brainstorm cover ideas and create drafts of several options, which they then share with the author’s literary agent, Daniel Lazar, and the S&S editorial and design teams.
- Book Deals: Week of April 20, 2020
The author, agent added, has sold more than three million copies of her books.