- Samira Ahmed: Telling the Stories of Revolutionary Girls
Eventually she began querying agents and connected with Eric Smith of P.S.
- Obituary: Floyd Cooper
One of his first tasks upon arriving in New York was to seek out representation and Cooper said that he credited his children’s book career to his first agent, artist representative Libby Ford, who got his portfolio seen at children’s book houses.
- Fatal Flight: PW Talks with Rory Clements
Other powerful forces, of course, would have wished him dead, thus killing off the hope of a treaty.What’s the advantage of having your lead be an American, rather than a British intelligent agent?
- Fall 2021 Children's Announcements: Publishers F-L
Faber & FaberThe Longer the Wait, the Bigger the Hug by Eoin McLaughlin, illus. by Polly Dunbar (Sept. 7, $16.95, ISBN 978-0-571-37038-2).
- Book Deals: Week of July 19, 2021
Watson took North American rights from Rebecca Wearmouth, head of foreign rights at the British agency Peters Fraser + Dunlop, on behalf of PFD literary agent Adam Gauntlett.
- Fall 2021 Children's Announcements: Publishers M-Q
Agent Moose is back on the case in Moose on a Mission by Mo O’Hara, illus. by Jess Bradley (Aug. 3, $10.99, ISBN 978-1-250-22222-0), ages 6–9.
- Cover Reveal: Two New Stuart Gibbs Projects to Pub Back-to-Back
Featuring illustrations by Stacy Curtis, this paper-over-board series skews familiar tropes and stereotypes of fairy tales and other lore to comic effect.Spy School’s Genesis and GrowthThe nine-book Spy School series follows the misadventures of innately nerdy Ben Ripley, a CIA agent wannabe who is rec
- Brooks Sherman, Bent Agency Contract Dispute Lands in Court
A contract dispute between YA literary agent Brooks Sherman and his former employer, the Bent Agency, and its founder Jenny Bent, has landed in New York State court.In a complaint first filed in New York State Supreme Court in April, Sherman claims that the agency is withholding hundreds of
- A Mouthful of Air: PW Talks with Amy Koppelman
I couldn’t even find an agent.
- Lisa Harding's Sophomore Novel Comes Stateside
“I’m an editorial agent.
- Religion Book Deals: July 14, 2021
The book, agented by Rachelle Gardner of Gardner Literary, is scheduled to be published in fall 2022.Brazos also announced that Beaty has acquired world rights to Erin Jean Warde’s tentatively-titled Awakening to Sobriety, set to be released in spring 2023.
- Book Deals: Week of July 12, 2021
Sarah Scarlett at Penguin Random House UK handled the two-book, North American rights agreement on behalf of Ariella Feiner at United Agents.
- Rights Report: Week of July 5, 2021
It gets even better when he's partnered with Agent Cupcake, a skilled unicorn spy.
- Albert Whitman Repairs Relationships, Moves into Multimedia
We’re open to inquiries and suggestions from authors, illustrators, and agents.
- Writers to Watch Fall 2021
I have to take part in the struggle for visibility,” he adds.The draft Ahmed worked on with agent Anjali Singh sprawled to 800 pages, almost twice the length it’d ultimately publish as.