- Book Deals: Week of March 16, 2020
Clive Priddle bought the book from London-based agent Georgina Capel in a simultaneous deal with William Collins, a division of HarperCollins UK.
- COVID-19: Ongoing List of Cancellations
Publishers Weekly is maintaining a list of canceled events, impacted book industry functions and policies, and more on this list as a resource for navigating the new coronavirus and its impact on the industry.
- Indie Publishers Adapting to Coronavirus Outbreak
Over the weekend Binc announced a fundraising match up to $12,500, provided by Writers House agent Steven Malk and Beacon Press.
- The 'Poets and Writers' Editors Have Some Writing Tips for You
Talk to any agent or editor, in New York City or elsewhere, and they’ll all say the same thing.
- Indie Bookstores Begin Temporary Closures
“We have a responsibility to our staff in particular that we're not taking lightly, but if we shut down, I'm not sure how we can fulfill that responsibility,” she said.The Book Industry Charitable Foundation (Binc) reassured booksellers that the organization is able to provide limited financial
- Authors Guild Unveils New Model Trade Book Contract
“While it’s unlikely you or your agent will be able to convince some publishers to remove such a clause from the contract completely, we suggest some language and provisions that would reduce the risk of a publisher exercising it without true cause.”In developing the new contract, the Guild receive
- Bologna Children's Book Fair Is Canceled
BolognaFiere has therefore taken the difficult decision to wait no further and act now to enable all the professional community awaited – publishers, authors, illustrators, designers, digital content creators, agents, licensors, licensees – to rethink your plans."
- Coronavirus Leads to Smaller AWP Conference
Literary agent Jeff Kleinman from Folio, who joined the AWP board earlier this year, said that going forward, he hoped to help AWP forge closer relationships with all the stakeholders in publishing and literary ecosystem, from magazines and film, to public relations and video game companies.
- Run Rabbit Run
In the summer of 2016, I began working with an agent at Writers House.
- Book Deals: Week of March 9, 2020
David Highfill at Morrow won the books at auction from Grainne Fox at Fletcher & Company (who brokered the deal on behalf of U.K. agent Charlie Campbell at Kingsford Campbell).
- Francesca Marciano's Italy Is a Wild Kingdom
., Marciano’s new U.S. agent, couldn’t agree more.
- Bill Buford Could Stand the Heat, So He's Back In the Kitchen
“My agent doesn’t like it.
- A Fictional True Story: PW Talks with Kent Carroll
I originally proposed a biography to an agent, Andrew Wylie, who was very enthusiastic about the idea.
- Agents Highlight Leading Christian Publishing Trends
The religion publishing category is as strong as ever, interviews with several with literary agents found.
- No Greater Threat: PW Talks with Lawrence Wright
The appeal of such agents for terrorists is well known but not yet exploited.