- Job Moves: September 18, 2013
\tWilliam Callahan has rejoined InkWell Management as an agent.
- Job Moves: November 20, 2013
\tMark Chimsky has launched his own editorial consulting business, Mark Chimsky Editorial Services Unlimited, in which he'll be working with authors, agents, and publishers.
- Rogers Wins LBF Acheivement Award
Literary agent Deborah Rogers has been named the winner of the London Book Fair's 11th annual Lifetime Achievement Award in International Publishing.
- Job Moves: February 11, 2014
Allison Hunter and Lauren Smythe have been promoted to agents at InkWell Management.
- Job Moves: April 2, 2012
Additionally, MacGregor has named Erin Buterbaugh as a literary agent.
- Job Moves: October 5, 2010
Martin Literary Management has hired Kate Folkers as adult fiction literary agent.
- FRANKFURT '99: A Fair for Handselling Rights
No big league publisher or agent dares to miss it.
- Children’s Writers Who Wear Multiple Hats
“My agenting always comes first,” he says.
- Surprise Project Becomes S&S Big London Book
“I have received un-agented manuscripts that people have asked me to read, but I’ve never bought anything un-agented,” she said, adding that Rowley’s book is the “kind of book you always hope to be able to put an offer on.”
- Spring 2013 Flying Starts: Nicole Griffin
\tThe book had an unorthodox road to publication: after contacting agents, one at a time, “inching along, agent by agent,” Griffin happened to meet Atheneum editor Caitlyn Dlouhy at a benefit in 2008 or 2009, and Dlouhy suggested that Griffin send her the manuscript.
- Deals: Week of February 4, 2013
\tLit Agent Fishman Lands YA Deal \tSeth Fishman, a literary agent at Gernert Company, has sold a novel... his own.
- Sticking to the No-Advance Model
While Kampmann said Beaufort was really put on the map—and in authors' and agents' minds—when it published O.J.
- Short Takes
A veteran former CIA agent who has already written a couple of nonfiction memoirs, Robert Baer, is now switching to fiction in a beginning series about an agent involved in the events surrounding 9/11.
- Four Questions for...Publishing Scotland's Marion Sinclair
The hope is to promote the work of Scottish-based publishers and agents to the world.
- News Deals: Week of August 5, 2013
Waxman Leavell agent Rachel Vogel handled the world-rights sale.