- Questions Mount Before Debut of International Kindle
The question of who will buy what in the open market is more complicated and is the issue causing the most concern among agents and publishers.
- The E-book Pricing Conundrum
However, as one agent pointed out, it's not a fair breakdown when the publisher's take is scrutinized.
- Americans Begin Pulling Out of LBF
Publishers and agents were also saying that, as the number of cancellations from editors and agents in other countries grows, the number of meetings they have set up is being reduced.One major publisher who is still planning to attend is Penguin Random House, although there are a few c
- Deals: Week of February 17, 2014
Agent Jenny Bent, who has an eponymous shingle, represented Crawford, overseeing a seven-round, seven-bidder auction for the work.
- Spring 2017 Flying Starts: Tiffany Jackson
Landing an agent took time, Jackson says, because she “was originally looking for an agent for an adult book.”
- Children's Books for Spring 2019: All Our Coverage
Here, we speak with a number of diverse debut authors who landed agents through the Twitter pitch contest #DVPit.
- Obituary: U.K. Literary Felicity Bryan
Felicity Bryan, one of Britain’s most respected literary agents, died June 21 after a long struggle with cancer.
- #DVPit Founder Launches Nonprofit to Better Serve Diverse Authors, Illustrators
Editors have more input into which submissions they receive, she explained, and can solicit projects directly from the agents “instead of waiting for a submission to fall into their lap.”
- Deals: Week of September 19, 2011
Adams did not use an agent in the deal with C&G’s Kate Sullivan.
- Short Takes
Robert Atkins: The True Story of the Man Behind the War on Carbohydrates from agent Scott Mendel...
- Deals: Week of 5/17/10
Agent Raphael Sagalyn represented Peck, who's a deputy managing editor at the Atlantic.
- Surprise Project Becomes S&S Big London Book
“I have received un-agented manuscripts that people have asked me to read, but I’ve never bought anything un-agented,” she said, adding that Rowley’s book is the “kind of book you always hope to be able to put an offer on.”
- Book Deals: Week of March 24, 2014
Agent Erin Niumata at Folio Literary Management represented Guiliani.
- Book Deals: Week of July 22, 2013
Agent Jim Hornfischer, at Hornfischer Literary Management, brokered the deal.
- Andrew Wylie Makes First Apperance at Guadalajara
Wylie spoke about the role literary agents play today, especially as regards international markets.