- New Titles from Self-Publishers: October 2019
Booksellers, publishers, librarians, and agents are encouraged to look at the 72 self-published titles below.
- Sharjah 2019: Facing the Challenges of Globalization and Translation
This year, Sharjah extended the professional to run over three days, encompassing panel discussions in the morning, followed by matchmaking sessions for publishers and agents in a rights center-type environment.Dominique Raccah, founder and CEO of Sourcebooks, was featured on a panel on the subject
- Zettersten to Retire from Hachette Nashville
“I am profoundly grateful to my Hachette colleagues and to the wonderful authors and agents with whom I have worked,” Zettersten said.
- Apple Books Category Bestsellers, October 20, 2019
Lethal Agent by Kyle Mills & Vince Flynn - 9781501190643 - (AtriaEmily Bestler Books) 3.
- Apple Books Bestsellers: Grisham, Farrow Lead the List
Lethal Agent by Kyle Mills and Vince Flynn - 9781501190643 - (AtriaEmily Bestler Books) 11.
- Al Regnery, Eric Kampmann Launch New Publisher
“I continually receive calls from authors and agents looking for a publisher,” Regnery said.
- PBS Adapts Meltzer's Biographies for Young Readers
“I had known Linda Simensky for decades, and talked to my agent, Jodi Reamer, about approaching Linda about doing a program based on our book series.
- NYT's 'Anonymous' Trump Official to Publish with Twelve
The agents, whose firm is based in Washington, D.C., added, confidently, that the book will be "the publishing event of the year."
- The Frankfurt Book Fair Finds a New Normal
“It seemed like an average year at the fair, neither violently up nor violently down,” said Doug Young, publisher turned agent at London’s PEW Literary, adding that the shadow cast by the last-minute push for a Brexit deal was at the very least impacting the mood of the British continge
- Book Deals: Week of October 21, 2019
-based literary agent Madeleine Milburn closed two major deals at last week’s Frankfurt Book Fair.
- Frankfurt Book Fair 2019: Attendance Up At 2019 Fair
The Literary Agents & Scouts Centre (LitAg) also reported another year of growth, organizers say, with 355 participating agencies from 35 countries.You can check out all of Publishers Weekly's coverage from the fair here, including our show dailies.The 2020 Frankfurt Book Fair will run Oct
- PWedu’s Christian Publishing Summit: How to Engage and Serve Diverse Christian Audiences
Other sessions include “Discoverability: Retail Strategies in a Time of Transition for Christian Publishing,” “A Marketer’s Lesson on How to Serve Diverse Audiences,” and “Lessons from Literary Agents in the Christian Sphere.”The sessions explore each topic from multiple angles and offer valuable insight that
- Dick Jackson Remembered
Legendary children’s book publisher, editor, and author Richard “Dick” Jackson died on October 2 from complications of multiple myeloma.
- Frankfurt Book Fair 2019: Rights Meeting Focuses on China
The collected group of more than 100 rights directors, agents, and other publishing representatives were treated to a crash course in the market, which is valued at nearly $13 billion, according to OpenBook, with sales growth of some 11% in the last year.
- The On-Sale Calendar: January 2020 Children's Books
January 21Catching a Russian Spy: Agent Les Weiser Jr. and the Case of Aldrich Ames by Bryan Denson (Roaring Brook, $6.99 trade paper; ISBN 978-1-25-019917-1) 40,000 copies.Catherine’s War by Julia Billet, illus. by Claire Fauvel (HarperCollins, $12.99 paper; ISBN