- The Joys of Reinventing Myself
I partnered on a project with Andy Ross, the former owner of the legendary Cody’s Books, now also an agent.
- Deals: Week of May 14, 2012
Agent Stacia Decker of the Donald Maass Literary Agency brokered the deal.
- Deals: Week of January 14, 2013
Andrea Magyar took North American rights from agent Grainne Fox of Fletcher & Company, and Pintail plans to publish in September 2013.
- Harper Changes the Audio Equation
“Many authors and agents will have serious issues with this,” he said.
- Random House Publisher Susan Kamil Dies at 69
Zoë Pagnamenta, who has her own agency, called Kamil "the best kind of champion an author or their agent could wish for."
- Hot Deals
The agent was Miriam Altshuler, and the deal was for world rights...
- Hot Deals
No fewer than 14 publishers were interested in the project when agents Dean Williamson and David Vigliano of Vigliano Associates, along with the player's baseball agent, Steve Canter, took Morris around to meet them.
- The Reluctant Expert
Question: Do I need a literary agent?
- Memoir, Uninterrupted
If an author has a strong platform and a compelling voice, agents and editors can get very excited about his or her memoir.
- Australia: The Big Not-So-New Thing
“All editors and agents want is a damn good book.
- Book Deals: Week of March 13, 2017
Braff penned the agreement with agent Kristin Nelson at Nelson Literary.
- Discovery Begins on Authors’ Homepages
And hey, agents, don’t go away—this is for you, too.
- Checking In on the Digital Royalty Debate
So, have authors and agents simply acquiesced?
- Contract Headaches
I (and many others, I bet) felt that agent's pain.
- Reinvention: A Tale of Getting Published
Alas, my editor and agent said no.