- Short Takes
CNN anchor and journalist Lou Dobbs, who has been an outspoken critic of job outsourcing, has now written a book on the subject, Exporting America, and Warner president Larry Kirshbaum bought it for world rights from agent Wayne Kabak at
- PW: Hot Deals: Cancer Drug News Leads to Book Controversy
Last Monday, several publishers received an e-mail pitch from agent John Brockman on behalf of one of his clients, New York Times science writer Gina Kolata, proposing a book on Folkman's research.
- Short Takes
Geoff Kloske at S&S bought world rights from the author's agent and lawyer, Leon Friedman....
- Short Takes
The agent was Dorian Karchmar at Lowenstein Associates....
- Little City Books to Open in Hoboken
And she knows the store will have a large children’s section, including YA, which Morgen agents.
- Lepucki Sells Sophomore Novel to Crown
According to Lepucki's agent, Erin Hosier at Dunow, Carlson & Lerner, overall sales for the book currently total just under 75,000 copies.
- Book Deals: Week of August 11, 2014
Maria Modugno at Random House, and Tara Walker at Canada’s Tundra Books, bought the title at auction, in a two-book deal, from agent Kirsten Hall at Catbird Productions.
- German Airline Worker Strike Disrupts Some Post-Bologna Travel
She’s crossing her fingers for a refund from Lufthansa.Folio Literary Management agent Mellisa Sarver White was scheduled to fly home Thursday morning but instead will fly back from Milan Friday afternoon; she had to move hotels for one night in Bologna, and will take the train to Milan in the
- Amazon and Penguin Announce Fourth Novel Award Competition
The 2011 panelists for the general fiction category are Time book critic Lev Grossman, literary agent Jennifer Joel of ICM, and Marysue Rucci, v-p, editorial director of Putnam.
- Industry Members Unite to Block Trump Administration Book Deals
Author Barry Lyga has posted an open letter signed by more than 250 authors, agents, booksellers, and publishers supporting their opposition to any publisher signing up President Donald Trump or members of his administration for any further book deals.
Marsha Philitas has been promoted to senior literary agent at the L.
- Kuhn Project, ZSH Merge to Create Aevitas
Two boutique literary agencies are merging to create a new firm that will have over 20 agents and offices in three cities.
- Family Christian Stores Bankruptcy: PW’s Coverage
The problems then trickled down to authors and agents.
- Spring 2019 Announcements: All Our Coverage
Here, we speak with a number of diverse debut authors who landed agents through the Twitter pitch contest #DVPit.
- PW: Rightsworld.com Offers Online Market