- Barnes &Noble to Create Own Bestseller List
Among agents, too, the effects could be widespread.
- Rosetta Reaches Its E-book Moment
“My view—and a number of agents and authors share the view—is if you can get a merchandising package from the leader, that's a good thing.”
- BookExpo America 2010: Publishing for the Age of Abundance
He stressed there was still a role for agents in the age of abundance, because “publishers can still suck.”
- Major Last-Minute Deals Make for a Few Titles to Watch in Frankfurt
--Agent Susan Golomb will be shopping rights to Janice Steinberg’s An Intelligent Jewess.
- Deals: Week of 7/15/11
Agent Richard Abate brokered the deal for Zuckerbrot, whose 2006 The F-Factor Diet (Putnam) was a bestseller.
- Stop the Presses?
Much was said about the way agents and publishers and readers fall inexplicably in love with books.
- Stet the Edit
But the whole brouhaha—Fisketjon absolutely opposes the republication; Gallagher has traded in famously tough agent Binky Urban for famously tough agent Andrew Wylie, who told the Times there is a lot of interest in the restored stories—raises a question as old as Gutenberg: what does an editor
- Brave New Blood at Holt
The proof: even some agents are understanding the tradeoff between lower advances/royalties and potentially higher sales.
- Mystery Notes
- Kidlit 'Books for Palestine' Auction Raises $86,000
Chakraborty’s Daevabad Trilogy, and a query/20-page critique by literary agent Joanna Volpe.
- Random House, Penguin May Merge
As one agent boiled it down: "Fewer publishers to submit to, lower advances."
- Midlist Author Tries Hybrid Self-Publishing
“I would prefer to have a major mainstream publisher and agent,” says Katz.
- Book Deals: Week of July 15, 2013
Agent Tracey Adams at Adams Literary represented Graudin.
- Book Deals: Week of August 19, 2013
Agent Anna Stein at Aitken Alexander Associates represented Jang in the deal.
- Cozy Fan Tudor: PW Talks with G.M. Malliet
But I couldn’t get an agent for my first book, Death of a Cozy Writer , because no one thought they could place it.