- A Debut Novel’s Long Road to Publication: Mary Miller
“Big World made it easier to get an agent,” Miller said.
- Book Deals: Week of February 10, 2014
Agent Terra Chalberg, at Chalberg & Sussman, represented the author.
- Book Deals: Week of April 21, 2014
Disabato, who did not use an agent, has contributed to the Millions and the Rumpus, and writes for the N.Y.
- Deals: Week of 2/28/2011
Adlon did not have an agent on the deal.
- Book Deals: Week of June 17, 2013
Agent Katherine Flynn at Kneerim, Williams & Bloom handled the sale, and the book is scheduled for 2014.
- Spring 2010 Flying Starts: Jandy Nelson
Even though Nelson has worked as an agent for adult fiction and nonfiction for 13 years at Manus & Associates Literary Agency, she says she was overwhelmed when it came to choosing an agent for her YA book.
- #DVPit Connects NZ Author with Writers Community
After receiving almost 200 likes, 80 of which were from agents or editors, she sent out a first batch of 15 queries and sample pages.
- NYRF: Secrets of Bestselling Translations
“International editors and scouts have been looking more and more toward what will be published in other languages besides English, said Marleen Seegers, owner and foreign rights agent at 2 Seas Agency.
Matthew Snyder co-agented.
- Hollywood Reader
How to Be Hornby Agents, take note: if you pitch a book to editors as "Hornby-esque," film scouts will come sniffing.
- Hollywood Reader
A film deal would cap an already happy month for Mlynowski: lit agent Laura Dail recently sold Spellbooks & Sleeping Bags, the third in her YA Bras & Broomsticks series, to Random House for a six-figure advance.
- Mystery Notes
Agent, Evan Marshall.
- Rights Report: Children's Books
Tracey Adams at Adams Literary was the agent.
- Oyster, Scribd Add Macmillan E-books; Frontlist Grows
“We developed this model with authors, agents and publishers from the beginning,” he said.
- Book Deals: Week of February 29, 2016
The book was pitched by her agent as Jenny Han’s To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before “stranded on a deserted island.”