- Hot Deals
Witte bought North American volume rights only, from agent Peter Miller at PMLA, and hopes to publish late next fall or the following winter.
Beth Wareham at Scribner has acquired world rights to First Big Crush, a memoir by Wine Spectator's Eric Arnold of his year working at Allan Scott Wines & Estates in New Zealand; agent Robert Lescher made the deal....
- Children's Job Moves: August 2021
Tracy Marchini has been promoted to senior literary agent, from literary agent.
- Farewell to Phedre: PW Talks with Jacqueline Carey
My agent has access and tremendous passion.
Putnam's Sons before becoming an agent at Paul R.
- Hot Deals
The agent is Kim Witherspoon....
- Chasing Headlines
(Full disclosure: I was the agent for this book.)
- Canadian Publishing 2015: PRH Canada’s Physical Consolidation Makes The Merger Complete
Now that PRH Canada is under one roof, others in the industry have expressed concerns that this monumental merger will mean fewer bids for authors and agents looking for a home for their titles.
- Bologna 2018: Photos from the Fair
Dealmakers and scouts gathered at the Literary Agents Center to talk international trends.
- Fall 2019 Flying Starts: Joowon Oh
Oh knew she needed an agent, but this was not the book she wanted to write.
- Spring 2014 Flying Starts: Brandy Colbert
I sent my book to lots of agents, but nothing worked out.
Agent Jane Dystel has sold three romantic suspense novels by Black Ice author Anne Stuart to Margaret Marbury at Mira in a world rights deal.
- E.L. James’s Long Shadow May Linger over Frankfurt
Already some authors and agents are requesting that comparisons to Fifty Shades—something that was an asset mere weeks ago—be avoided.
- New Book Offers Straight Talk About Sex
\tAfter researching literary agents online, Henderson “cold called” and left messages for three agents.
- Book Deals: Week of January 20, 2014
Agent Lauren E.