- Fall 2017 Flying Starts: Jessica Townsend
I wanted an agent who would be an agent for my career, not just for this book.”Cooper suggested some edits, which took Townsend about a year and a half to execute.
- Children's Job Moves: March 2021
Johanna Schutter has been promoted to national accounts manager, from associate account manager.At Emerald City Literary Agency, senior agent Linda Epstein is adding the role of dramatic rights manager.
- Spring 2021 Flying Starts: Michelle Sterling
I knew how hard it is to find an agent, and you’re never guaranteed publication.
- Jandy Nelson on Winning the 2015 Printz Medal: 'Thrilled to the Bone'
“I loved being an agent, it was terrific,” Nelson said.
- Book Deals: Week of May 20, 2013
Linker preempted world rights to two books, which will begin a new series, from agent Jennifer Mattson at Andrea Brown Literary.
HarperCollins's Dawn Davis has now acquired world rights, from agent Jillian Manus, to Words of Wisdom, a "best-of" anthology of Rev Run's words of inspiration and motivation, which come to him in his bathtub and conclude every episode of Run's House.
- HarperCollins Signs New Katherine Applegate Series
The agent, who has represented Applegate for a year and a half, was as intrigued as the author was when she read the definition of “endling,” which appears on Wikipedia: “One of the proposed names for an individual animal that is the last of its species or subspecies.”Intrigued by the
- Spring 2011 Flying Starts: Matthew Myers
"But I was pretty sure I'd need an agent.
Agent Sara Camilli made the world rights deal and Julie Doughty will edit.
- Bantam Snags Dagger Winner
Delbourgo Deals Holt’s Sarah Knight bought world rights to Chuck Thompson’s The Year of Traveling Dangerously via agent Joelle Delbourgo.
- Random House Unveils New Royalty Agreement for E-Authors
E-book sales, the agents say, should be handled like a subrights sale and split 50/50.
- Frankfurt 2010: Steady Dealmaking is Hallmark of 2010 Fair
There are, as one agent put it, three kinds of Frankfurts: ones where everyone is buying everything, ones where no one is buying anything, and then the middle ground where there is a steady stream of deal-making.
- Spring 2005 Hardcovers: True Crime
An ATF agent's undercover work leads to the biggest bust of a motorcycle gang.
- How a Small Press Landed a Big Fish in Naomi Klein
(Without an agent, Klein wound up negotiating the deal on her own, which marked another first for her.)To keep the book on track, the three publishers involved--in the U.S, Canada and the U.K.
- Do the Hustle
“No one cares about my product like I do,” I remember telling my agent, repeating one of my family’s familiar mottos.