- Fall 2013 Flying Starts: Corey Ann Haydu
Her query for that second book caught the interest of literary agent Victoria Marini.
- Religion Update Spring 2014: Books in Brief
Agent: Kathy Helmers, Creative Trust.
- The Thrill of Bringing ‘Business Adventures’ to Audio
The agent mentioned that there was a third work, a book of the New Yorker writer’s essays on life in the financial and corporate worlds.
- Deals: Week of October 3, 2011
Fox handled the deal on behalf of the British agent, Antony Harwood, who has an eponymous firm.
- Buzz Bringing Sales to Coffee House
Besides working with Coffee House’s regular subrights agents, the company hired literary agent Anna Stein—who had recently been retained by Lerner to agent his future books—to sell foreign and movie/TV rights on an incentive basis, after hearing of her enthusiastic talking up of Leaving the
- How My Day Job Inspired My Novel
He is a double agent.
- The Supernatural Predominates: PW Talks with Keith Wayne McCoy
After I finished The Travelers, my college writing mentor encouraged me to query publishing houses rather than agents as years could pass before acquiring an agent.
- On the Beaton Path: Mysteries & Thrillers 2014
Martin’s since 1975, was approached by agent Barbara Lowenstein about a series of Regency romances, the Six Sisters.
Agent Harvey Klinger sold world rights; a fall 2007 publication is planned.
- The Falling Euro: Good for Your T&E, Bad for Your Business?
By the time her co-agent wired the payment, the advance has lost about $25,000 in worth.
- Book Deals: Week of June 20, 2016
Writers House agent Al Zuckerman brokered the agreement with editor Adam Wilson.
- Deals: Week of 5/16/11
Hartson took world rights from agent Jane Dystel of Dystel & Goderich.
- PW: Random House, Modern Library to Offer E-books
And while many agents complain about dealing with Random House over electronic rights, Karp told PW, "Every agent was agreeable to embarking on this.
- Creating Fairness in Publishing
We need more brown and Black editors, literary agents, ghostwriters, and representatives within publishing companies, not just in administrative roles but also in decision-making and leadership positions.
- When Book Collaborations Go Bad
The editor sent our agent the bill requesting that Cindy reimburse the publisher.