- Children's Job Moves: March 2018
Previously she was assistant editor at Disney Publishing Worldwide.Becca Stumpf, formerly an agent at Prospect Agency, is launching Becca Stumpf Editorial, offering editing and copywriting services for authors, agents, and publishers.
- Frankfurt Book Fair 2016: Two Fantasy Debuts Nabbed in Major Deals
Agent Jennifer Azantian, who has her own shingle, represented the author, selling world rights to the three books.
- What’s an Influencer Worth to Books?
So how about it, agents and editors?
- Book Deals: Week of November 11, 2019
The agent added that the novel “unspools like a speculative YA version of In Cold Blood.”
- New Retailer Zola Premieres, Softly, at BEA
(Regal was her agent, and she held on to her e-book rights.)
- Grossman to Viking
Jane Rosenman at Houghton Mifflin bought North American rights to Mary Sharratt’sA Light Far-Shining: A Novel of the Pendle Witches, via agent Wendy Sherman.
- Book Deals: Week of April 1, 2013
Agent David Hale Smith, at Inkwell Management, represented the author.
- Eyeing Indie Presses for The Next Great Thing
“I always go looking—the first I signed up didn’t have an agent,” said O’Connell.
- Deals: 3/22/2010
Agent Susanna Einstein at LJK did the deal.
- Why A West Coast Software Company is Getting into Book Publishing
In lieu of royalties, authors will be offered flat advances of $20,000 each.Acknowledging that the house’s unique model may initially be a tough pitch to some agents and authors, Coleman believes NationBuilder is offering something traditional publishers are not.
- The War Is Over
Agent Brian DeFiore, who is a board member of the Association of Authors’ Representatives, observed that, although the agreement will have impact on authors, they were not involved in the negotiations.
- Canadian Publishing 2015: New Canadian M.F.A. Enhanced by Pace Partnership
“People at Pace, people in the industry, agents—the whole realm of the industry was represented there at one time or another through the week.”Dakin is not the only member of her cohort to have found the time at Pace enriching.
- Phishing Scam Seeking Manuscripts Spreads Worldwide
It typically involves a literary agent, scout or publisher being asked for a manuscript by what appears to be a trusted party — another agent, scout or publisher— via email.On October 11, The Bookseller in the U.K. identified scouting agency Eccles Fischer as one agency that has be
- New from Andrews McMeel: ‘Desmond Pucket,’ Big Nate and Downton Parody
The house is also releasing its first adult graphic novel, Agent Gates and The Secret Adventures of Devonton Abbey, a parody of the popular Downton Abbey TV series.
- Book Deals: Week of September 25, 2017
Agent Sells Debut to Hachette In a two-book deal at auction, literary agent Rena Rossner sold world English rights to her debut novel, The Sisters of the Winter Wood, to Lindsey Hall at the Hachette imprint Redhook.