- Bologna: The Children's Fair Adults Love
The Literary Agents Center, which includes a message desk, meeting corners, lockers and a snack-and-coffee bar, is available to professional agents for a 600,000-lire registration fee (about $360).
- Deals: Week of April 16, 2012
Agent Wendy Sherman of Wendy Sherman Associates brokered the mid-six-figure deal for Byrd.
- Amazon Bids on Dorchester Assets
Another agent, also speaking on the condition of anonymity, expressed similar frustration.
- Random House, Penguin Agree to Merge
"I have no doubt that some authors, agents and customers will express concern to many of us that this merger will reduce choice and competition.
- PW Talks with Hybrid Author Jasinda Wilder
Why did you seek out a literary agent?
- Four Questions for...Bill Clegg
The move for the sometime memoirist and lauded literary agent is both exciting and unnerving, he said.
- Middle Grade at Point Blank
“I can’t not write it,” I said.I sent it to my agent, and editors weighed in.
- Frankfurt Book Fair Preview 2021: The Show Must Go On
—Greg Brandenburgh, associate publisher, Hampton Roads PublishingMichael Seidlinger is a freelance writer in New York City.Below, Read More About Frankfurt Book Fair Preview 2021:Frankfurt Book Fair Preview 2021: More Than 40 Countries Will Have National Stands More than 40 countries are hosting national stands
- 'Publishing 101,' a PW Original E-Book
Should you find an agent or go directly to a publisher?
- Book Deals: Week of April 8, 2013
Winston bought world English rights to the book, based on an article Lahey wrote for the Atlantic, from agent Laurie Abkemeier at DeFiore and Company.
- Rights Report: Week of June 24, 2013
Perkins Agency was the agent.
- The Indie Author's Guide to Rights
As self-published works grow in popularity, indie authors are increasingly in a position to market their book to foreign publishers or to agents and producers working in film, TV, and theater.
- Frankfurt's Boos Promises a Reinvented Book Fair
"The era of publishers taking big booths is likely over for now," he admitted.LitAg ModificationsCentral to the fair has always been the Literary Agents & Scouts Centre (LitAg), which last year hosted 780 agents from 355 agencies, who came from 35 countries.
- Spring 2020 Flying Starts: Claribel Ortega
“I tried everything from Pitch Wars and #DVPit, to cold querying and going to conferences to pitch to agents in person.”
- Book Deals: Week of September 26, 2016
Roanhorse Strikes Lightning at Saga Joe Monti at Simon & Schuster’s Saga Press took world rights to two books by debut author Rebecca Roanhorse, in a preempt, from agent Sara Megibow at KT Literary.