- Aragi Wins Maxwell Perkins Award
Literary agent Nicole Aragi has won the 2014 Maxwell E.
- Sophie Hicks Forms Agency
Well-known U.K. agent Sophie Hicks has hung up her own shingle.
- The Bad News on Oil
Horgan bought world rights from agent Al Zuckerman at Writers House.
- Job Moves: January 4, 2013
\tWilliam Boggess has joined Barer Literary, LLC as an agent.
- Amazon Publishing Speeds Up Royalty Payments
\t \tMost publishers tend to pay their authors on a six-month cycle, which is something authors and agents have long complained about.
- Latin Fiesta at FSG
Two separate editors at Farrar, Straus & Giroux signed books by Latin authors recently from the same New York agent, Thomas Colchie.
- Inside an L.A. Street Gang
Pearlman, author of Infidelity, established a close rapport with Simpson that shows in the book, say both editor and agent.
- Kirsten Hall Launches Agency
Literary agent Kirsten Hall is launching a new company, Catbird Productions, which will package books for publishers, as well as operate as a boutique literary agency for children’s book author/illustrators, with an emphasis on previously unpublished authors/ illustrators.
- Two Days, Two Big Buys
The agent here was Geri Thoma at Elaine Markson, also a North American rights deal.
- Bridging the Gap
"We're not just a literary agent, not just a merchandising agent, not just a media production company," said cofounder and partner Nancy Cushing-Jones, formerly head of publishing at Universal Consumer Products.
- Job Moves: February 22, 2013
\tAmy Tannenbaum has joined the Jane Rotrosen Agency as a literary agent.
- PW Picks: Books of the Week, October 23, 2017
This week: Oliver Sacks's new book, plus a look inside the world of an undercover Muslim FBI agent.
- For Major Pubs, Will Print No Longer Be the Norm?
\tMany of the agents PW spoke to are being cynical.
- Born of Friendship, the Book Group Is Making Its Mark as an Agency
The eight women who work at Book Group (four principals, one senior agent, one agent, and two assistants) seem different.
- Publishing 101 Stresses Book Market Realities
When the story appeared, he soon found an agent.