- Barbarians at the Gate?
Publishers and agents are good at math.
- Some Big Deals Pre-BEA
Vollmann, and Eggers bought U.S. hardcover rights only from agent Susan Golomb.
- Mystery Notes
Agent, Gail Hochman.
- Roundtable Launches the Read Japan Project
In reality, there is no ‘literary agents’ in the Japanese publishing world.
- The Power of a Rave Review
“Several agents asked to see the manuscript, and within a week of sending it out, I had more than one offer of representation...I think the Critic’s Report might be what helped me finally garner the interest of agents,” Rubin said.
- PW: Buying, Selling Rights At GoodStory.com
"We've also been meeting with publishing houses, agents and studios, and we're getting a good response."
- Man Against Nature: The Next Hot Genre?
"Some people are saying that adventure narrative is the next memoir," Krichevksy, agent to Junger, told PW.
- Can E-mails Be Binding in Publishing Deals?
Since the audio house did not have a signed contract from the agent for the audiobook, even after it was put on sale, the agent pressed for the title to be pulled from circulation.
Weil acquired North American rights from agent Elyse Cheney.
- Penguin Authors Weighing Options
If that changes, agent Amy Berkower said, "We'll have to reevaluate."
- Smaller Presses, Bigger Authors
Temple also thinks it's a reality that not all agents and authors have fully accepted.
- Is Nikki Kelly Wattpad’s Next Big Thing?
But publishers, Kelly said, suffer from “vampire fatigue,” and agents don’t believe they can sell the work.
- In the #MeToo Moment, Publishers Turn to Morality Clauses
“The agents must find their cojones to stand up against this kind of control.
- Job Moves: June 27, 2014
Sandra Bishop, v-p of MacGregor Literary, is leaving the company to become an independent agent.
- Job Moves: April 27, 2011
Agent David Hale Smith has joined Inkwell Management.