- Some Big Deals Pre-BEA
Vollmann, and Eggers bought U.S. hardcover rights only from agent Susan Golomb.
- Roundtable Launches the Read Japan Project
In reality, there is no ‘literary agents’ in the Japanese publishing world.
- Mystery Notes
Agent, Gail Hochman.
- The Power of a Rave Review
“Several agents asked to see the manuscript, and within a week of sending it out, I had more than one offer of representation...I think the Critic’s Report might be what helped me finally garner the interest of agents,” Rubin said.
- Man Against Nature: The Next Hot Genre?
"Some people are saying that adventure narrative is the next memoir," Krichevksy, agent to Junger, told PW.
- PW: Buying, Selling Rights At GoodStory.com
"We've also been meeting with publishing houses, agents and studios, and we're getting a good response."
- Can E-mails Be Binding in Publishing Deals?
Since the audio house did not have a signed contract from the agent for the audiobook, even after it was put on sale, the agent pressed for the title to be pulled from circulation.
- Penguin Authors Weighing Options
If that changes, agent Amy Berkower said, "We'll have to reevaluate."
Weil acquired North American rights from agent Elyse Cheney.
- Smaller Presses, Bigger Authors
Temple also thinks it's a reality that not all agents and authors have fully accepted.
- Is Nikki Kelly Wattpad’s Next Big Thing?
But publishers, Kelly said, suffer from “vampire fatigue,” and agents don’t believe they can sell the work.
- In the #MeToo Moment, Publishers Turn to Morality Clauses
“The agents must find their cojones to stand up against this kind of control.
- Job Moves: June 27, 2014
Sandra Bishop, v-p of MacGregor Literary, is leaving the company to become an independent agent.
- Open Road Launches Digital Distribution Service
\tOpen Road has formed a digital distribution service, Open Road Distribution, which will offer authors, agents and independent publishers the ability to digitize their entire catalogues of published books.
- Job Moves: November 17, 2010
Brianne Mulligan has been named associate agent at Movable Type Literary Group.