- Children’s Writers Who Wear Multiple Hats
“My agenting always comes first,” he says.
- Short Takes
A veteran former CIA agent who has already written a couple of nonfiction memoirs, Robert Baer, is now switching to fiction in a beginning series about an agent involved in the events surrounding 9/11.
- Mystery Notes
Agent, Gina Maccoby.
- Latina Children's Authors Launch Digital Writers Series
The two discussed the reasons that authors need an agent and how to find the right one.
- PW's Most-Read Opinion Pieces of 2016
Why Most Amazon Reader Reviews are Worthless "I’ve been an agent for 40 years.
- News Deals: Week of August 5, 2013
Waxman Leavell agent Rachel Vogel handled the world-rights sale.
- Fall 2009 Flying Starts: Nina LaCour
\t \tOnce she finished writing Hold Still at age 22, LaCour didn't have to wait long to find an agent to represent it.
- Christian Fiction Writers Meet Amid Shrinkage, Growth
Vicki Crumpton of Revell was honored as Editor of the Year; Chip MacGregor of MacGregor Literary was named Agent of the Year.
- Sticking to the No-Advance Model
While Kampmann said Beaufort was really put on the map—and in authors' and agents' minds—when it published O.J.
- Rights Report: March 10
Greenburger Associates was the agent.
- Deals: Week of April 30, 2012
Markson Thoma agent Eleanor Jackson represented Hauser, selling world English rights in the deal.
- Spring 2013 Flying Starts: Nicole Griffin
\tThe book had an unorthodox road to publication: after contacting agents, one at a time, “inching along, agent by agent,” Griffin happened to meet Atheneum editor Caitlyn Dlouhy at a benefit in 2008 or 2009, and Dlouhy suggested that Griffin send her the manuscript.
- Book Deals: Week of November 4, 2013
The book, explained Murphy’s agent Elizabeth Evans, at Jean V.
- Deals: Week of 10/4/10
The pair, who write under the pen name Nicci French, were represented in the deal by agent Joy Harris, who was working with Simon Trewin and Sarah Ballard from the U.K. agency United Agents.
- Mystery Notes
Agent, Linda Allen.