- Spring 2013 Flying Starts: Nicole Griffin
\tThe book had an unorthodox road to publication: after contacting agents, one at a time, “inching along, agent by agent,” Griffin happened to meet Atheneum editor Caitlyn Dlouhy at a benefit in 2008 or 2009, and Dlouhy suggested that Griffin send her the manuscript.
- Book Deals: Week of November 4, 2013
The book, explained Murphy’s agent Elizabeth Evans, at Jean V.
- Can Any Author Be Worth $50 Million Today?
And, as occurred last week, agents are quite comfortable jumping into the publishing fray.
- Deals: Week of 10/4/10
The pair, who write under the pen name Nicci French, were represented in the deal by agent Joy Harris, who was working with Simon Trewin and Sarah Ballard from the U.K. agency United Agents.
- Canadian Book Sales Up 9.4% in 2000—2001
The Survey of Book Publishers and Exclusive Agents, a biennial census of all book publishers and exclusive agents in Canada, is based on a 12-page questionnaire, and covered 627 publishers (643 in 1998—999), including those also acting as exclusive agents, and 45 firms functioning
- Double-crossing the Nazis: PW Talks with Ben Macintyre
Agent Garbo’s stable of 27 agents—all of them imagined—working for him was a highlight of the book.
- Book Deals: Week of January 13, 2014
Agent Stacia Decker at the Donald Maass Literary Agency represented Charbonneau.
- Deals: Week of February 4, 2013
\tLit Agent Fishman Lands YA Deal \tSeth Fishman, a literary agent at Gernert Company, has sold a novel... his own.
- London Book Fair 2011: In Busy Rights Center, Ghonim Book Goes Up for Grabs
Aside from the buzz about Ghonim, many agents seemed positive, if low-key, about the fair itself.
- Mystery Notes
Agent, Theron W.
- Spring 2017 Flying Starts: Stephanie Garber
Choosing to see it as a chance for a fresh start, Garber embarked on a search for a new agent.
- #DVPit Founder Launches Nonprofit to Better Serve Diverse Authors, Illustrators
Editors have more input into which submissions they receive, she explained, and can solicit projects directly from the agents “instead of waiting for a submission to fall into their lap.”
- Latina Children's Authors Launch Digital Writers Series
The two discussed the reasons that authors need an agent and how to find the right one.
- PW's Most-Read Opinion Pieces of 2016
Why Most Amazon Reader Reviews are Worthless "I’ve been an agent for 40 years.
- Mystery Notes
Agent, Gina Maccoby.