- From Russia, Without Love: PW Talks with Robert Dugoni
.), someone is knocking off U.S. sleeper agents in Russia.Can you elaborate on how a meeting with a man who “had a story to tell” spurred this novel?
- Want to Succeed in Self-Publishing? Be Realistic: Tips from an Indie Author
He landed an agent, but when he lost his job at Bloomberg News, he started looking into self-publishing.
- Children's Job Moves: December 2014
Zacker has been promoted to senior agent at the Nancy Gallt Literary Agency.
- Short Takes
The author is U. of Pittsburgh history professor Marcus Rediker and the agent was Sandy Dijkstra....
- Spotlight on YA
Agent Rosemary Stimola, who sold Karen M.
- New Agency Looks To Bring Chinese Authors West
Creative Work Ltd. began agenting last year and has since sold Chinese authors' works to Transworld UK and Atlas Books.
- PW: On the Trail of Tupac
Agent Alex Smithline sold the book to Doubleday editor Bruce Tracy for a reported low six figures.
- The Long Way Back to Work
As agent Stuart Krichevsky put it, "We didn't even think of submitting things in the past week, and we haven't been following up, either, waiting for people to get their breath back.
- Rights Report: May 13
Catherine Drayton at InkWell Management was the agent.
- Penguin and BlogHer Partner for BlogHer Writers 2011 Conference
For BlogHer Writers '11, Penguin worked closely with BlogHer, coming up with ideas for panels as well as bringing in 80% of the panelists, mentors and agents.
- In Build-Up to Frankfurt, Handful of Titles Generate Buzz
For Girl, pages are again being parsed out in segments, and Sobel said the next 50 pages of the novel will be sent to co-agents and scouts late next week.
- Book Deals: Week of August 28, 2017
-based agent Jane Judd (who also has an eponymous shingle).
The series features secret agent Jack Stalwart, a youngster who travels the globe battling evil to protect the world's most precious treasures.
- Hot Deals: Flirting with Disaster
Agent David Hendin, acting on behalf of the book in place of the author's usual agent, Helen Reese, said Dershowitz has collected, updated and annotated some of his writing about the Starr/Lewinsky imbroglio, and that Basic planned to have the book ready before the end of October
- Authors Demand Better Treatment from Albert Whitman & Co.
“We are told that some payments and statements are ultimately sent but only with persistent follow-up by the author’s agent; some agents are still waiting.