- The Enemy Within: A History of Espionage
He discusses the role of intelligence collecting in creating and sustaining the Persian, Roman and Mongol empires, offering Judas as an early example of a double agent.
- Body of Lies
Subtly framing a highly elaborate plot, Ignatius tells the story of idealistic CIA agent Roger Ferris, newly stationed in Jordan after being wounded in Iraq.
- The Shadow Catcher
The book opens as Wiggins presents her newly completed Curtis novel to a Hollywood agent.
- Cullotta: The Life of a Chicago Criminal, Las Vegas Mobster, and Government Witness
In addition to poring through newspaper archives, Griffin interviewed various sheriffs, attorneys, agents and detectives, while primarily relying on information from retired FBI agent Arnoldy and what Pileggi calls the “phenomenal” memory of Cullotta himself.
- Armed and Dangerous: The Hunt for One of America's Most Wanted Criminals
The passing references to the toll the agent's hard-charging style took on his marriage could have been better developed.
- The Imago Sequence and Other Stories
In the period western “Bulldozer,” a Pinkerton agent discovers that serial killings are part of an elaborate occult ritual for placating a supernatural entity.
- My Fellow Americans
The plot thickens after some Lebanese-Americans with uncertain motives recruit Walker as a double agent.
- INTO TIBET: The CIA's Secret Expedition to Lhasa
Mackiernan (who was killed during the mission, the first undercover CIA agent to die in the line of duty) and Bessac, with several other cohorts, trekked through Tibet on foot, gathering atomic intelligence and establishing regional contacts.
- A Land of Mirrors
The president considers replacing him with retired CIA agent John Wells.
- SPY DUST: Two Masters of Disguise Reveal the Tools and Operations That Helped Win the Cold War, as Authorized by the CIA
Agent, Christy Fletcher, Carlisle & Co.
- Sleeping with the FBI
Though ludicrously incompetent, he dreamed of becoming the first FBI agent to penetrate the KGB.
- All We Need
Illustrator’s agent: Lori Kilkelly, LK Literary.
- The Director: My Years Assisting J. Edgar Hoover
Former FBI special agent Letersky debuts with a fond look back at his law enforcement career, which included a two-year stint on the personal staff of FBI director J.
- Tom Clancy Target Acquired
Agent: Jennifer Rudolph Walsh, WME.
- Harnessing Complexity: Organizational Implications of a Scientific Frontier
Agent, Raphael Sagalyn.