- Don't Shoot! We're Republicans!: Memoirs of an FBI Agent Who Did Things His Own Way
Writer and former FBI special agent Owens recounts 30 years as a G-man in this funny, thought-provoking memoir.
- Hunting Marco Polo: The Pursuit of the Drug Smuggler Who Couldn't Be Caught, by the Agent Who Wouldn't Quit
Lovato tracked Marks and overcame bureaucratic lassitude, ineptitude in inexperienced drug agents, wrangling between U.S. and U.K. government agencies, moles within the DEA, and ultimately played a major role in Marks's receiving a 30-year sentence.
- The Deporter: One Agent's Struggle Against the U.S. Government's Refusal to Expel Criminal Aliens
Former U.S. deportation agent Holbrook describes his job (a combination of policeman, lawyer and diplomat) in this unsettling memoir.
- Headless Horsemen: A Tale of Chemical Colts, Subprime Sales Agents, and the Last Kentucky Derby on Steroids
The book is a subjective combination of memoir, recent horse-racing history and rant at the use of steroids, “subprime” sales agents and the tradition-laden powers who oversee the horse business, known as “the Dinnies.”
- Into the Devil's Den: How an FBI Informant Got Inside the Aryan Nations and a Special Agent Got Him Out Alive
The book shifts between Hall's and FBI agent Burkey's perspectives, but the main voice belongs to crime writer Ramsland who knits these stories into a seamless drama filled with suspense, vivid characters and colorful events.
- A Spy Called James: The True Story of James Lafayette, Revolutionary War Double Agent
Author’s agent: Michael Bourret, Dystel & Goderich Literary Management.
- Twilight Warriors: The Soldiers, Spies, and Special Agents Who Are Revolutionizing the American Way of War
Agent: Andrew Stuart, Stuart Agency.
- UNDER AND ALONE: The True Story of the Undercover Agent Who Infiltrated America's Most Violent Outlaw Motorcycle Gang
After military service in Vietnam, Queen began his law enforcement career, eventually spending 20 years as an ATF special agent.
- The Truth Detector, Volume 2: An Ex-FBI Agent's Guide for Getting People to Reveal the Truth
Schafer (The Like Switch), a psychologist and former FBI special agent, shares his tricks for getting people to tell the truth in this revelatory work.
- Benjamin Franklin Takes the Case: The American Agent Investigates Murder in the Dark Byways of London
Benjamin Franklin utilizes some of his reknowned skillsand some of his lesser-known oneswhen he adroitly investigates a series of murders that occur while he is on a diplomatic mission to London in 1757.
- It Happened in the Catskills: An Oral History in the Words of Busboys, Bellhops, Guests, Proprietors, Comedians, Agents, and Others Who Lived It
An oral history of the good old days, when the Catskills served as a training ground for Broadway.
- The Knowledge Web: From Electronic Agents to Stonehenge and Back -- And Other Journeys Through Knowledge
Continuing in the vein of The Pinball Effect, his unconventional history of technological change, Burke offers 20 new historical "story lines" that attempt to demonstrate the interactive, often serendipitous connections among ideas, events, people and innovations.
- Operation Greylord: The True Story of an Untrained Undercover Agent and America S Biggest Corruption Bust
True crime narratives don’t get much more suspenseful than Hake’s account of his covert work to expose the endemic corruption in the Chicago court system.
- Irreparable Harm: A Firsthand Account of How One Agent Took on the CIA in an Epic Battle Over Secrecy and Free Speech
Written with deep indignation, Snepp's engaging memoir presents a compelling case study of how claims of national security arguably stifle expression that in no way endangers national security but instead might merely embarrass the government.
- Blood Oath: The Heroic Story of a Gangster Turned Government Agent Who Brought Down One of America's Most Powerf
``Organized crime is not a thing of honor,'' we're reminded by Fresolone, a former member of the Bruno-Scarfo family, which ran the underworld in Philadelphia, Atlantic City and other parts of New Jersey.