- The Audacious Crimes of Colonel Blood: The Spy Who Stole the Crown Jewels and Became the King's Secret Agent
British historian Hutchinson (Young Henry) successfully describes how phenomenal self-preservation instincts and a highly unstable royal court allowed a man who stole the crown to become a royal spy.
- Death Rays, Jet Packs, Stunts & Supercars: The Fantastic Physics of Film's Most Celebrated Secret Agent
Film lovers shudder when they think about the scene in Goldfinger where James Bond is strapped to a metal table as a laser slowly cutting it in two inches toward him.
- The Making of a Bestseller: Success Stories from Authors and the Editors, Agents, and Booksellers Behind Them
As publishing industry insiders know, there is no way to guarantee a book will be a bestseller.
- It Happened in the Catskills: An Oral History in the Words of Busboys, Bellhops, Guests, Proprietors, Comedians, Agents, and Others Who Lived It
This exuberant oral history of what Jewish comedians used to call the Borscht Belt re-creates a world now gone--a New York State vacation haven in the middle decades of this century primarily to New York City Jews.
- Pioneers of Promotion: How Press Agents for Buffalo Bill, P. T. Barnum, and the World's Columbian Exposition Created Modern Marketing
In this exuberant account, marketing executive Dobrow (Natural Prophets) returns Buffalo Bill, the 1893 Chicago World’s Fair, and other names from late-19th-century popular culture to their rightful place in advertising history.
- Perfect Spy: The Incredible Double Life of Pham Xuan An, Time Magazine Reporter and Vietnamese Communist Agent
Historian Berman (Lyndon Johnson's War ) draws on several years of interviews with Pham Xuan An before his death in 2006 for this engaging biography of the Time reporter who spied for North Vietnam throughout the Vietnam War.
- RACE AGAINST EVIL: The Secret Missions of the Interpol Agent Who Tracked the World's Most Sinister Criminals—A Real-Life Drama
With all the style and tension of Clive Cussler, Bannon tells the tale of how he was recruited and trained as a "cleaner"—tracking down, interrogating and "eliminating" child pornographers who his boss at Interpol had determined were beyond the reach of other law enforcement agencies.
- Agents of Treachery: Breathtaking, Never Before Published Spy Fiction from Today’s Most Exciting Writers
Astonishingly, as mystery maestro Penzler points out in his cogent introduction, “there has never been, until now, a collection of original stories devoted” to spy fiction.
- The Like Switch: An Ex-FBI Agent S Guide to Influencing, Attracting, and Winning People Over
Former FBI investigator Schafer applies what he learned in his law-enforcement past to explain how to charm anyone under any circumstances.
- SOUTHERN LADY, YANKEE SPY: The True Story of Elizabeth Van Lew, a Union Agent in the Heart of the Confederacy
The title of this groundbreaking and altogether remarkable biography effectively summarizes it.
- Friendly Fire: The Remarkable Story of a Journalist Kidnapped in Iraq, Rescued by an Italian Secret Service Agent, and Shot by U.S. F
In 2004, Sgrena, a reporter for a Communist paper in Italy covering the plight of war-torn Falluja, was kidnapped by Iraqi insurgents, held for a month and released safely-only to be fired upon by U.S. forces guarding the road to the airport.
- Captain Sir Richard Francis Burton: The Secret Agent Who Made the Pilgrimage to Mecca, Discovered the Kama Sutra, and Brought the Arabian Nights to th
The subtitle of this engrossing book, ``The Secret Agent Who Made the Pilgrimage to Mecca, Discovered the Kama Sutra , and Brought the Arabian Nights to the West,'' indicates only the half of it.
- America at Night: The True Story of Two Rogue CIA \t\t Operatives, Homeland Security Failures, Dirty Money, and a Plot to Steal the \t\t 2004 Presidential Election—by the Former Intelligence Agent Who Foiled the \t\t Plan
After 20 years of CIA covert operations, Kolb looked forward to \t\t retirement and the obligatory memoir (Overworld, 2004), when he discovered the wildly \t\t sinister plot recounted in this engaging book.
- Verses for the Dead
Agent: Eric Simonoff, WME.
- Cut to the Bone
Agent: Amy Tannenbaum, Jane Rotrosen Agency.