- ACFW 2019: Changing Market Creates New Publishing Opportunities
In its 18th year, the American Christian Fiction Writers conference attracted over 400 aspiring writers, authors, agents, and publishers to San Antonio, Tex. from Sept. 26-29.
- Mystery Notes
Agent, Sam Pinkus.
- News Corp. to Acquire Morrow, Avon from Hearst
"Obviously, it's a matter of concern, particularly to those authors and agents with books at Morrow and Avon, whose editors are likely to bear the brunt of it," she said.
McGrath Strikes Twice About 12 hours after receiving it, Scribner's Sarah McGrath preempted a debut novel by 27-year-old Aryn Kyle titled The God of Animals; agent Denise Shannon sold North American rights for significant six figures.
- Spring 2008 Flying Starts: Padma Venkatraman
“My agent told me that John was 'her toughest editor' and I thought of him as my varsity coach,” the author says with admiration.
- Tantor Media: More than Audio
–based company among agents, which was one of the aims of moving into the print market.
- BEA 2013: Dianne Dixon: From TV to Novels
By the time she got out of the theater she had missed six calls from her agent.
- London Book Fair: Americans MIA
Dozens of personnel from smaller and independent houses canceled their trips as did numerous agents.
- Hollywood Reader
This week: A producer still has the Lovely touch and another film agent turns author.
- Fall 2012 Flying Starts: Rachel Hartman
It wasn’t easy: she says that several agents told her the equivalent of “You write beautifully.
- Religion Book Deals: August 2016
Conari Signs A SwimmerChristine LeBlond, senior acquisitions editor at Red Wheel Weiser's Conari Press imprint, brokered a world rights deal with agent Jane Dystel of Dystel and Goderich for Sarah Seidelman's Swimming with Elephants.
- Frankfurt 2017: Catalonia Independence Vote Rattles Publishing
One vocal advocate for Catalan independence has been literary agent Anna Soler-Pont, who employs half dozen agents at the Pontas Agency in Barcelona.
- Short Takes: Religion Publishing News Briefs, August 13, 2014
ACFW also will present awards for authors, publishers, agents, editors, and mentors at its annual gala.
- Weltgeist in Frankfurt
The agent center was quiet but not silent before lunchtime, when you could actually sometimes buy sushi or salads at the stands.
- Spring 2011 Flying Starts: John Corey Whaley
Ultimately social media played a key role in finding an agent.