- Fall 2019 Flying Starts: Joowon Oh
Oh knew she needed an agent, but this was not the book she wanted to write.
- Book Deals: Week of January 20, 2014
Agent Lauren E.
- Spring 2014 Flying Starts: Brandy Colbert
I sent my book to lots of agents, but nothing worked out.
Agent Jane Dystel has sold three romantic suspense novels by Black Ice author Anne Stuart to Margaret Marbury at Mira in a world rights deal.
- Bologna 2018: Photos from the Fair
Dealmakers and scouts gathered at the Literary Agents Center to talk international trends.
- Canadian Publishing 2015: PRH Canada’s Physical Consolidation Makes The Merger Complete
Now that PRH Canada is under one roof, others in the industry have expressed concerns that this monumental merger will mean fewer bids for authors and agents looking for a home for their titles.
- E.L. James’s Long Shadow May Linger over Frankfurt
Already some authors and agents are requesting that comparisons to Fifty Shades—something that was an asset mere weeks ago—be avoided.
- New Book Offers Straight Talk About Sex
\tAfter researching literary agents online, Henderson “cold called” and left messages for three agents.
- On Cowardice in Publishing
At the advice of agents and editors, I published parts of my story in Salon, the Huffington Post, and Glamour.
- Children's Job Moves: April 2013
\tJulie Just is joining Pippin Properties as a literary agent on May 1.
- Religion Book Deals: July 2016
The book deal was agented by Paul de Souza and world rights were sold to Matt Baugher.
- Food Processing
And more than a few literary agents have written their own proposals after years of hustling them.
- Doing Business in Jerusalem
Agent Deborah Harris conducted an intense auction—many of the participants were editorial fellows—before signing with Rappaport.
- Hot Deals
Spiegel bought world rights from agent Joann Davis...
- Deals: Week of 5/31/10