- Could Publishers and Agents Agree on a Flat Royalty Rate?
Many agents claim the 25% figure, created before e-books became such a large slice of the market, is essentially an arbitrary one.
- Agents Protest London Book Fair's Handling of Refunds
Agents who canceled their tables prior to the fair's ultimate, formal cancellation announcement had no money returned.
- Children's Agents Wernick and Pratt Launch Agency
With Wernick and Pratt's departure, two agents are left at the Sheldon Fogelman Agency — Sheldon Fogelman and Sean McCarthy.
- Literary Agent Joseph Vallely Dies at 74
As an agent, his clients included Peter Schweizer, Bill Gertz, Stanley Newman, Scott A.
- Agents Weigh Whether to Submit Projects During the Pandemic
These moves, said the agents interviewed for this story, suggest that advances are likely to go down.
- Christian Literary Agents Eye Diversity, Expansion
“There is a place for agents who bring books that really grapple with faith and culture.”
- Agents Keeping Foreign Publishers on Digital Leash
For this reason, most American agents are including digital rights in their foreign deals, but not without caveats.
- Agents Largely Support Macmillan; Some Angered by Amazon
“The agents now smell money,” he said.
- Agent Danielle Smith’s Former Clients Speak Out
Agent Jennie Kendrick joined Smith at Lupine Grove this past January.
- New Agent Scores with a Female-Authored 'Bridges'
Caron K d sn't, however, have any problem acting as her own press agent.
- Bologna 2017: Agents Talk Children's and YA Trends
We asked a number of agents and scouts attending this year’s Bologna book fair to talk about the trends they’ve been noticing: in themes, in genres, and in international demand.
- Agent Garbo: The Brilliant, Eccentric Secret Agent Who Tricked Hitler and Saved D-Day
Agent: Scott Waxman, Waxman Literary Agency.
- Agent Sonya: Moscow's Most Daring Wartime Spy
Agent: Jonny Geller, Curtis Brown.
- Trying To Find a Literary Agent is the Worst Thing Ever
How can you get an agent if you keep scaring them like that?
- Agents Discuss the New Norms of Christian Publishing
Daniel sees more opportunities for agents to bring creative concepts that don’t necessarily fit with the usual Christian living titles.