- Mysteries from the Slush Pile: PW Talks with Barbara Rogan
\tLike your protagonist, you were a literary agent for many years.
- Glenn Cooper: An American Writer Only Europeans Can Love?
Then represented by agent Steve Kasdan (who now works at Amazon but was then at the Sandra Dykstra Agency), the book was bought in a flurry of international deals and wound up becoming the number one translated title in Italy where, according to Cooper’s current agent, Simon Lipskar
- Hollywood Ending: PW Talks with Alison Sweeney
The process is very different now that I have an agent and a publisher, now I have people to answer to.
- Paying a Horrible Price
When the old KGB was following a suspected CIA agent in Moscow, you'd have at least 20 agents.
- BookExpo 2019: Holly M. McGhee Adds Dimension to Listening
Is your head awhirl at BookExpo as you juggle your author and literary agent personas?
- Apple Books Bestsellers: Oprah Powers 'Water Dancer' to #2
Lethal Agent by Kyle Mills and Vince Flynn - 9781501190643 - (AtriaEmily Bestler Books) 2.
Caroline White at Penguin got North American rights from agent AmyRennert.
- At 20, FIL Continues to Evolve
This year's Rights Center featured 50 tables, compared to 42 last year, and 106 literary agents and rights personnel, about the same as 2005.
- Short Takes
Agent Jane Dystel made the world rights deal, just before publication of the author's latest, A Thread of Grace ....
- Live from Frankfurt: Frankfurt Buzzing on New and Familiar Names
Little, Brown publisher Michael Pietsch says agents have--even more so than in previous years--created excitement at the fair by holding back their best stuff until the two weeks directly preceding the fair.
- 'The Silence of the Lambs' Sequel Comes June 8
Lecter's stunning escape from the authorities, the climax of the earlier book, as one of his earlier victims uses FBI agent Clarice Starling, also featured in Silence, as bait to draw the doctor out in the open to wreak revenge.
- Crowded Conference for Christian Fiction Writers
Agent Chip MacGregor of MacGregor Literary had a full schedule teaching and meeting authors.
An agent for 15 years, Sweeney's authors include Chinua Achebe and Jonis Agee.
- Want to Succeed at Self-Publishing? Don't Skimp: Tips from an Indie Author
But when she showed Grace Period to agents, they were impressed but unsure how to sell the book.
- Sealed & Delivered
A few months later, my agent said, 'I have an idea.