- Authors, Booksellers, Agents Call for DoJ to Investigate Amazon
Lastly, he said, "the fact that authors, agents, and booksellers, who together know a bit about how our business operates, have joined together in making this request,” should make an impact.For his part Preston believes the DoJ will respond.
- Literary Agent to Re-Publish Author's 2004 Novel
Literary agent Marly Rusoff is re-releasing, through her publishing imprint Maiden Lane Press, a debut novel by Jonathan Odell.
- Why Two Agents Argue Books Aren't Essential
This comes with acknowledging a certain amount of privilege—as agents, we might not fully feel the squeeze of a precarious industry for a few months, and perhaps not anywhere to the level our bookseller and in-house colleagues will experience it.
- Bologna 2016: Agents Talk Children's and YA Trends
Generally, YA feels quite tough, and other agents have said the same.
- Frankfurt 2011 Briefcase: What the American Agents Are Selling
These are just some of the authors the American agents will be pushing in the rights center this year.
- Four Questions for...Finnish Agent Elina Ahlback
We talked with Elina Ahlback, founder and CEO of the Finland-based Elina Ahlback Literary Agency, to discuss her country's recent run as Guest of Honor at the Frankfurt Book Fair, the lure of "Finnish Weird," and the current "Scandi-trend" in international publishing.
- The Accidental Sorcerer: Rogue Agent, Book One
Karen Miller (The Riven Kingdom ) launches a trilogy, her first venture as Mills, with this droll tale of magical bureaucracy.
- AGENT 146: The True Story of a Nazi Spy in America
What is it like to pass yourself off as an ordinary citizen in an enemy state for nefarious purposes?
- Women as Revolutionary Agents of Change: The Hite Reports and Beyond
The extensive excerpts from Hite's widely discussed and influential first survey and two later books on sexuality and love provide a coherent overview of her work over the last 18 years.
- Agent of Destiny: The Life and Times of General Winfield Scott
Despite the publisher's contention that this is "the first-ever biography" of Winfield Scott (1786-1866), Eisenhower's (Intervention!)
- Obituary: Literary Agent Lois Wallace, 73
Lois Wallace, founder of the Wallace Literary agency, died April 4 in New York City.
- All the Agents and Saints: Dispatches from the U.S. Borderlands
Travel writer Elizondo Griest (Around the Bloc: My Life in Moscow, Beijing, and Havana) meditates on the existential nature and impact of international borderlines through her encounters with people along the Mexican and Canadian borders in the United States.
- THE PIZZA MONSTER: Olivia Sharp, Agent for Secrets
A slightly daffy rich kid narrates this inaugural title in a series starring Nate the Great's cousin.
- Agents for Escape: Inside the French Resistance, 1939-1945
Privately published in France in 1947, this memoir by a self-effacing resistance hero offers continuous suspense and excitement.
- Merrymakers Turns Agent with Pete the Cat Licensing Program
Since it was founded in 1994, Merrymakers has been known as a licensee, creating plush and other gift items tied to children’s book properties and selling them to the specialty and book trade.