- Simon & Schuster Sues Mob Author, Agent
Like similar instances involving authorial misrepresentation, the case underscores the degree to which publishers rely on the agent and author in establishing an author's credentials.
- Agents Highlight Leading Christian Publishing Trends
The religion publishing category is as strong as ever, interviews with several with literary agents found.
- Digital Book World: Agents and Rights Take Spotlight
- PW: Authors, Agents Challenge Random/BDD Merger
- Editors, Agents, and Authors Take the Pulse of Today’s YA
That evening I heard from agents who were beating themselves up for having missed out on it.
- Authors, Booksellers, Agents Call for DoJ to Investigate Amazon
Lastly, he said, "the fact that authors, agents, and booksellers, who together know a bit about how our business operates, have joined together in making this request,” should make an impact.For his part Preston believes the DoJ will respond.
- Literary Agent to Re-Publish Author's 2004 Novel
Literary agent Marly Rusoff is re-releasing, through her publishing imprint Maiden Lane Press, a debut novel by Jonathan Odell.
- Why Two Agents Argue Books Aren't Essential
This comes with acknowledging a certain amount of privilege—as agents, we might not fully feel the squeeze of a precarious industry for a few months, and perhaps not anywhere to the level our bookseller and in-house colleagues will experience it.
- Bologna 2016: Agents Talk Children's and YA Trends
Generally, YA feels quite tough, and other agents have said the same.
- Frankfurt 2011 Briefcase: What the American Agents Are Selling
These are just some of the authors the American agents will be pushing in the rights center this year.
- AGENT 146: The True Story of a Nazi Spy in America
What is it like to pass yourself off as an ordinary citizen in an enemy state for nefarious purposes?
- IN THE PIRATE'S DEN: My Life as a Secret Agent for Castro
Masetti spins a tale of progressive disillusionment with communism.
- Obituary: Literary Agent Lois Wallace, 73
Lois Wallace, founder of the Wallace Literary agency, died April 4 in New York City.
- Four Questions for...Finnish Agent Elina Ahlback
We talked with Elina Ahlback, founder and CEO of the Finland-based Elina Ahlback Literary Agency, to discuss her country's recent run as Guest of Honor at the Frankfurt Book Fair, the lure of "Finnish Weird," and the current "Scandi-trend" in international publishing.
- Agent of Destiny: The Life and Times of General Winfield Scott
Despite the publisher's contention that this is "the first-ever biography" of Winfield Scott (1786-1866), Eisenhower's (Intervention!)