- Turkish Agent Issues Warning, Requests Patience
“As sub agents, we represent your titles and do our best to sell your books' rights and protect you and your authors' benefits, but at the same time we have to stand with Turkish publishers.”
- Should Authors and Agents Weigh In on Citizen Reviews?
No one knows for sure whether the author and agent themselves made the comments using their own names.
- Publishers, Authors, and Agents Rally for Hurricane Maria Relief
“We mobilized via email and came up with a plan for approaching agents, editors, and authors for donations.
- Simon & Schuster Sues Mob Author, Agent
Like similar instances involving authorial misrepresentation, the case underscores the degree to which publishers rely on the agent and author in establishing an author's credentials.
- Agents Highlight Leading Christian Publishing Trends
The religion publishing category is as strong as ever, interviews with several with literary agents found.
- Digital Book World: Agents and Rights Take Spotlight
- PW: Authors, Agents Challenge Random/BDD Merger
- Editors, Agents, and Authors Take the Pulse of Today’s YA
That evening I heard from agents who were beating themselves up for having missed out on it.
- Authors, Booksellers, Agents Call for DoJ to Investigate Amazon
Lastly, he said, "the fact that authors, agents, and booksellers, who together know a bit about how our business operates, have joined together in making this request,” should make an impact.For his part Preston believes the DoJ will respond.
- Literary Agent to Re-Publish Author's 2004 Novel
Literary agent Marly Rusoff is re-releasing, through her publishing imprint Maiden Lane Press, a debut novel by Jonathan Odell.
- Why Two Agents Argue Books Aren't Essential
This comes with acknowledging a certain amount of privilege—as agents, we might not fully feel the squeeze of a precarious industry for a few months, and perhaps not anywhere to the level our bookseller and in-house colleagues will experience it.
- Bologna 2016: Agents Talk Children's and YA Trends
Generally, YA feels quite tough, and other agents have said the same.
- Frankfurt 2011 Briefcase: What the American Agents Are Selling
These are just some of the authors the American agents will be pushing in the rights center this year.
- Obituary: Literary Agent Lois Wallace, 73
Lois Wallace, founder of the Wallace Literary agency, died April 4 in New York City.
- Four Questions for...Finnish Agent Elina Ahlback
We talked with Elina Ahlback, founder and CEO of the Finland-based Elina Ahlback Literary Agency, to discuss her country's recent run as Guest of Honor at the Frankfurt Book Fair, the lure of "Finnish Weird," and the current "Scandi-trend" in international publishing.