- Bologna 2013: An Emphasis on Middle-Grade and Realistic Fiction
I’m happy about that,” said Brenda Bowen, agent at Sanford J.
- The State of African-American Publishing: African-American Interest Books 2012-13
They come mostly from agents, though I develop some myself, like Steve Harvey’s bestseller Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man—I went to his agent and proposed it.
- Secret Admirers
—Elyse Cheney, literary agent, Sanford J.
- Hollywood in Wartime: Mark Harris
Scott was a wonderful agent: he helped me develop the idea for this new book, sold it to Penguin, and then quit agenting, went back to Penguin, and became editor of this book.”
- The L-Factor
Carrillo and Felicia Luna Lemus, who is currently without an agent.
- U.S. Book Show: Making Publishing More Inclusive Demands Leadership
“We know it is not a long term solution—agents should pay a living wage to interns or do away with the internship model altogether.”
- PW Readers Pick Their Industry MVPs
Beth Phelan, agent at Gallt & Zacker Literary AgencyAuthor A.
- Hot Deals
Her agent, Owen Laster at William Morris, made the deal, for publication in late 2000.
- PW: Hot Deals
Baker -- 8/7/00Shaq Sells Saga to SMP | Kidd's Cover: First Novelist | New Agent's Persistence PaysWatch That Slush!
- Licensing Hotline: May 2019
When MetroStar Media took over U.K. licensing in 2016—it is now the lead agent for the property and named Spotlight to the sub-agent role—the first order of business was to expand the property into apparel.
- Authors Crowdfund Online YA Anthology Project
“I know people who got their agents this way, and even had a couple agents reach out to me based on a short story they found,” she recalled.
- Book Deals: Week of March 25, 2013
Agent Nat Sobel at Sobel Weber Associates struck the deal, and the first book in the trilogy is scheduled for spring 2015.
- Spotlight Falls on Subscription Services
But he and other agents worry this may change.
- PW: Hot Deals
The same agent, Allan Nevins at L.A.'
- New Adult: Needless Marketing-Speak Or Valued Subgenre?
And whether retailers will take to the term—which many agents and editors are now regularly using—remains to be seen.