- Hot Deals
Dail is co-agenting the film rights with UTA in Los Angeles.
- London Book Fair's Return to ExCel Raises Industry Concerns
"If UK agents are focused on selling rights, they're not going to be talking to games people.
- True Crime 2021: What Makes Them Tick?
“They weren’t making much progress since none of the agents had any expertise,” Burgess says.
- Discover a Publisher: TrineDay
That book sold over 2 million copies in Europe before we got it, and this guy’s agent was the agent for Dean Koontz, he had access to everyone in American publishing.”
- Digital Book World: Debating E-Rights Issues
For years now agents have been crowing that the royalty rate on e-books, which has remained at 25%, is too low.
- BEA '99: The Hollywood/Book Embrace
He is part of a "we" that, along with executives from such agencies as CAA, ICM, William Morris, Renaissance, UTA and Brillstein-Grey, plus other independent agents, serve as co-agents to represent literary agents' clients' works to Hollywood.
- Perseverance, Advocacy, and Passion: The 2020 Kweli Color of Children's Literature Conference
The panelists expounded upon what the process of getting an agent was like, as well as what agents and editors look for in prospective projects.
- YA Comes of Age
“In spite of what is said about reading in our country, we have an audience that is constantly hungry for content,” says agent Barry Goldblatt.
- Namelos Editions to Publish Electronic and POD Books
(Industrywide, agents typically get 15 percent of everything.)
- Q & A with Margaret Peterson Haddix
She became my first agent.
- Taking a Punt on a New Name
These days when Shelley talks to agents, it's either about a very big project - or a very small project.
- FRANKFURT '99: Reports From the Floor
(In any case, it was mentioned that agent John Brockman d s in fact make sales using the Net.)
- Lessons Learned from a Unique Publishing Journey
Sometime during the weeks that followed, while I waited to receive an editorial letter, my agent called me unexpectedly.
- Bologna 2015: The Hunt for Something 'Special'
“I thought it was a refreshing fair,” said agent Jill Grinberg of Jill Grinberg Literary Management.
- Ghostwriters Come Out of the Shadows
“I love ghostwriters,” said Anthony Mattero, an agent at CAA.