- Phishing Scam Seeking Manuscripts Spreads Worldwide
It typically involves a literary agent, scout or publisher being asked for a manuscript by what appears to be a trusted party — another agent, scout or publisher— via email.On October 11, The Bookseller in the U.K. identified scouting agency Eccles Fischer as one agency that has be
- New from Andrews McMeel: ‘Desmond Pucket,’ Big Nate and Downton Parody
The house is also releasing its first adult graphic novel, Agent Gates and The Secret Adventures of Devonton Abbey, a parody of the popular Downton Abbey TV series.
- Book Deals: Week of September 25, 2017
Agent Sells Debut to Hachette In a two-book deal at auction, literary agent Rena Rossner sold world English rights to her debut novel, The Sisters of the Winter Wood, to Lindsey Hall at the Hachette imprint Redhook.
- Phyllis Tickle, Founding PW Religion Editor, Dies
I will miss her terribly.A literary trust—composed of her agent and friend, Joseph Durepos; Jon M.
- Book Deals: Week of November 18, 2013
Nuding took world rights from agent Louise Fury at the Bent Agency.
- Suited to Change: Spotlight on the Jerusalem International Book Forum
There are discussions set around the changing roles of agents and scouts, how editors interact with authors, and what changes are here to stay in publishing, from business models to work environments.Another key facet of the JIBF—a project of the Municipality of Jerusalem produced by the Arieal Mun
Agent Victoria Sanders made the world rights sale.
- Hot Deals
New Coast agent Jodie Rhodes has sold, for a low six figures for world rights, a book called When the Brain Can't Hear by a professor of audiology, Dr.
- Deals: 11/9/2009
Hilty took world rights, and Mecoy brokered the deal with Ryan’s agent, Barry Goldblatt.
- Hirshey Preempts Campaign Book
Two Preempts David Hirshey at HarperCollins has preempted an untitled book on the presidential campaign by New Republic editor Ryan Lizza via agent Gail Ross, who sold world rights.
Harmony's John Glusman has acquired former Secret Service agent Abraham Bolden's memoir, The Echo from Dealey Plaza; agent Victoria Sanderssold North American rights.
- Self-Made Bestseller Weighs Traditional Deals
Now, with an agent, he’s been entertaining offers from traditional houses.
- Editor To Child: Want To Help?: Balancing Work And Motherhood Was Never So Fulfilling
I e-mailed the agent to tell him I loved the book—as did my son.
- NaNoWriMo Is Big for Writers—and It Helps Publishers, Too
This is a kick in the pants.”One agent saw her established authors making use of NaNoWriMo’s adrenaline-inducing effects.
- Book Deals: Week of November 6, 2017
The book will also, the agent added, feature new information that Shinkler uncovered, showing that “Cutler harbored a deep personal secret.”