- Perfect Spy: The Incredible Double Life of Pham Xuan An, Time Magazine Reporter and Vietnamese Communist Agent
Historian Berman (Lyndon Johnson's War ) draws on several years of interviews with Pham Xuan An before his death in 2006 for this engaging biography of the Time reporter who spied for North Vietnam throughout the Vietnam War.
- RACE AGAINST EVIL: The Secret Missions of the Interpol Agent Who Tracked the World's Most Sinister Criminals—A Real-Life Drama
With all the style and tension of Clive Cussler, Bannon tells the tale of how he was recruited and trained as a "cleaner"—tracking down, interrogating and "eliminating" child pornographers who his boss at Interpol had determined were beyond the reach of other law enforcement agencies.
- Agents of Treachery: Breathtaking, Never Before Published Spy Fiction from Today’s Most Exciting Writers
Astonishingly, as mystery maestro Penzler points out in his cogent introduction, “there has never been, until now, a collection of original stories devoted” to spy fiction.
- The Like Switch: An Ex-FBI Agent S Guide to Influencing, Attracting, and Winning People Over
Former FBI investigator Schafer applies what he learned in his law-enforcement past to explain how to charm anyone under any circumstances.
- SOUTHERN LADY, YANKEE SPY: The True Story of Elizabeth Van Lew, a Union Agent in the Heart of the Confederacy
The title of this groundbreaking and altogether remarkable biography effectively summarizes it.
- Friendly Fire: The Remarkable Story of a Journalist Kidnapped in Iraq, Rescued by an Italian Secret Service Agent, and Shot by U.S. F
In 2004, Sgrena, a reporter for a Communist paper in Italy covering the plight of war-torn Falluja, was kidnapped by Iraqi insurgents, held for a month and released safely-only to be fired upon by U.S. forces guarding the road to the airport.
- Captain Sir Richard Francis Burton: The Secret Agent Who Made the Pilgrimage to Mecca, Discovered the Kama Sutra, and Brought the Arabian Nights to th
The subtitle of this engrossing book, ``The Secret Agent Who Made the Pilgrimage to Mecca, Discovered the Kama Sutra , and Brought the Arabian Nights to the West,'' indicates only the half of it.
- America at Night: The True Story of Two Rogue CIA \t\t Operatives, Homeland Security Failures, Dirty Money, and a Plot to Steal the \t\t 2004 Presidential Election—by the Former Intelligence Agent Who Foiled the \t\t Plan
After 20 years of CIA covert operations, Kolb looked forward to \t\t retirement and the obligatory memoir (Overworld, 2004), when he discovered the wildly \t\t sinister plot recounted in this engaging book.
- Verses for the Dead
Agent: Eric Simonoff, WME.
- Cut to the Bone
Agent: Amy Tannenbaum, Jane Rotrosen Agency.
- Business As Usual at Penguin, Random House
"Agents always prefer more competition to less.
- Double Cross: The True Story of the D-Day Spies
Agent: Ed Victor, Ed Victor Ltd.
- Witness to the Truth
Special agent Mike Devlin sidesteps Bureau policy--as usual--by singlehandedly nailing a fugitive killer.
- The Disrupt, Discredit, and Divide: How the FBI Targeted American Communities and Lost Its Way
German peppers the narrative with the stories of unsung rank-and-file agents, including those of Gamal Abdel-Hafiz, the FBI’s first foreign-born Muslim agent, and Coleen Rowley, a Minneapolis field agent, who both questioned oversteps by their superiors.
- Writer Beware: Web Site Warns of Online Scams
Strauss told PW that while the Writers Beware site focuses on the activities of disreputable literary agents, it also warns of corrupt "book doctors" and subsidy publishers that are sometimes affiliated with or even owned by the same crooked agents.